Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

relegation!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I know many of you will be shocked to find this post isn't about football, but please read.

I'm a Rugby League fan and my team Salford City Reds are on the verge of being releagated from the Super League (like the premiership), the thing is if we go down it means the club could and probably will collapse because of lack of funds, fans(we currently have about 1500 regulars.)

I was just wondering how other fans of sport have coped/reacted when there team got relegated.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Over to you Dan the Man .........

:D
    I seem to be cursed with relegation, first Derby cock it up and now Salford Reds, the towns rugby league side where i'm going to uni, seem to be going up the swanny. Great stuff.

Oh, and on the reaction of Derby getting relegated. Totally predictable. It had been on the cards for about three years.
    Relegation is a traumatic experience at best. It takes some time to sink in, and during the summer you might be tempted to think you're still in the same division. It's when you see the fixture list for the next season that it really sinks in :(

Only consolation you can find it's to think you will only stay one season there and will go back straight up. One can only dream ;)
    Re: relegation!!!!
    Originally posted by morelifeinatrampsvest

I was just wondering how other fans of sport have coped/reacted when there team got relegated.

Gutted basically, but life goes on and suddenly been one of the better teams in a division rather than getting stuffed every week seems a resonable deal :)
    Watch Rugby Union instead. None of the Zurich Premiership sides are in danger of going into administration.

And it's the better code. :p
    Originally posted by squat_tom
    Watch Rugby Union instead. None of the Zurich Premiership sides are in danger of going into administration.

And it's the better code. :p

Rugby yawnion aarrgghh!!! No relegation is whats ruined our code although I wish there was none this year. You can only survive because you nick all our players.
    Originally posted by morelifeinatrampsvest

Rugby yawnion aarrgghh!!! No relegation is whats ruined our code although I wish there was none this year. You can only survive because you nick all our players.

Not all of them. Only the ones who are too talented to be wasting their time with only 12 other players.
    I support Coventry City, so I had to endure the pain of relegation a couple of years ago (and coming close many, many times).

I was at the game on the day we were officially relegated. It was away at Villa (the closest we have to a rival), and we lost after being 2-0 up. We would of gone down even if we had won, but it would of been nice going down with a win, so it made it all the more painful. I'm happy to admit that I cried!! Although it's not all that bad being in Division 1, at least we get to win a few games.

I soon got over it, it's not the end of the world or anything. And besides, we're going up this year!!
    Originally posted by Ilson-Youth
    lol are you fuck big guy

YOU REDS!!!

1-0 thanks to a riccie simeica goal :D

You played very well yesterday, but no way did you deserve to win. The free kick was excellent, but we had so much more possession. The second half, apart from a few good chances for you, was basically all in your half. But to your credit, you defended very well and we found it very hard to break down your defence.

I thought Harewood (sp?) and Prutton looked like very good players. I think we nearly signed Harwood from you last year. But anyway, a draw would of been a fair result. We probably have an even younger team than you, so it's gonna take a while for them to settle down.
    OMG we got beat again we now only have 3 games to overcome it and we are still a point adrift. We only lost by a point tho and it was only coz the ref didnt spot a forward pass, it must have been bout three feet forward.