Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

College on me own :-(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm moving later on in the week to Shrophire from South Wales. The thing is I'm stating college at Telford and obviously I'm gonna be on me tod as I know no one up there. Is any one else gonna be in the same situation as me or was before?

Thanks

Kate ;)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went to college on my own, it was scary at first but I soon made lots of good mates, you will do to.
    Girl, I'm travelling 1500 miles across three countries to go to Uni, and my closest mate's gonna be in Sheffield. But just remember there's gonna be a million peeps like you, and you'll make friends easy as piss.
    Am doing the same next autumn, will have about 24 hours on the boat to friends in Bergen. Shouldn't be a problem though - think everyone's more or less interested in making new friends when they first get to uni, and naturally there'll be plenty of people in your situation.
    Looking back to when I first went to uni 3 years ago, I would say although it's scary to begin with, you get the chance to wipe the slate clean and effectively start again making friends.

By that I mean, no-one knows you so you've got a chance to get a good bunch of people together to call your friends - not like school where you're thrust upon each other.
    Originally posted by thalia
    Bergen.

What a lovely city! It doesn't take 24 hours on a boat though surely? I don't remember it being that long!
    BumbleBee

Well, I'm not quite sure - haven't been to England. But yeah, think it's something like that, at least an overnight, from Newcastle.
    I went to Lancaster Uni on my own, from Northern Ireland and had a great first year. More people do it than you realise, so don't worry.
    starting at uni is different to starting at a new college though. at uni most of the people have moved to go there but at college the people are usually from the local area that live there and will prob be a little harder