Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Pot Effects On Diabetes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am a diabetic, and my friends have been anxious to toke up with me, as have I. But we want to know the effects, if any, of it on diabetes. We already drink on occasion, cause we know the effects. So if anyone knows what pot does to diabetics, please let me know.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i dont properly know, but i think it lowers your blood sugar, and diabetics have low blood sugar already dont they? im not too sure. Maybe if you took a couple of precautions like eating sugary foods etc you would be able to, although i wouldnt reccomend taking my advice until you have heard a few other people's, as there are some very smart people on these boards [WHSpliff (although he hasnt been on 4 a day or 2 i think) morrocan roll, skive, and a few others]. Or you could ask your doctor, they arent exactly going to report you to the police, theyd prefer that you are safe. OR ring the national drugs helpline and see if they know, and its free - 0800 776 600. Well thats my advice, maybe you should see a couple of others's first.
    Hope it works out mate!
    Duffy
    [edited because of typical schoolboy error :D]
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, I asked this same question on another site, and another diabetic told me he smoked up every day, and nothing weird (relatively) happened to him. But I'd like to get a few more people to let me know before I get ripped out of my mind.