Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Just won an auction on ebay for the first time...now what???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just bought a PA system of the ebay auctions but im not entirely sure what to do next... i got some conformation emails and stuff and it gave me the sellers address (the seller is soundsavers, some company or something that owns an ebay shop). I dont have a credit or debit card of any kind, so im gonna have to pay by cheque, but how do i go about doing this. Any help will be great, asap please, cuz i gotta pay for it soon!
Cheers!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Just won an auction on ebay for the first time...now what???
    Originally posted by Quicksilver
    I just bought a PA system of the ebay auctions but im not entirely sure what to do next... i got some conformation emails and stuff and it gave me the sellers address (the seller is soundsavers, some company or something that owns an ebay shop). I dont have a credit or debit card of any kind, so im gonna have to pay by cheque, but how do i go about doing this. Any help will be great, asap please, cuz i gotta pay for it soon!
    Cheers!

In the confirmation email from Ebay, you'll have also been given the seller's email address. Just drop them a quick email asking for payment details. :)
    I love ebay, I think I am now a compulsive shopper due to it. Saying that, I hate hate HATE it when some twat bids with no intention of buying, like has happened to my last lot that I sold on there, so much bloody paperwork to get my listing fee's back, which I wouldnt normaly bother about but it was an expensive item, but hey, what you going to do? (Oh, I also HATE that saying too!)
    yea i like ebay i use it to buy final fantasy action figures.....i mean collectables. Its annoying when your outbidded in the last 10seconds of a action though.:mad:
    I got myself an E-Bay user account a while back. But I never used it - I wasn't sure how reliable the users are. Does everything generally work out?
    yea the 2 people ive bought things from are relibale look at the comments thhough
    I've been using Ebay a fair bit recently, and haven't experienced any problems. I'll only buy off people who have been given good feedback though, and have a fair few comments.

I haven't really got anything to sell though, so I only tend to buy, which has meant a big increase in my outgoings recently due to Ebay! :mad: It's just so tempting to bid for something when it's a bargain.
    I got a bit miffed when I tried to bid for something. It was £1.60 or something, rose to £5 automatically when I put a bid in. I'm just not into these auto increment and hidden things.
    It was only a DTS copy of an SACD I'm after so I bought the SACD original instead legit.
    I buy off e-bay at least 2-3 times per week as I collect trading cards (i know i know......sad for a 28 year old, but i have over 15000 now at a total estimated value of £4,500 according to "the non sport update") and have only ever had a problem once. That was buying an item from canada, which i was slightly suspicious about in the 1st place - was a brand new graphics card with a retail value of over £250 and got it for £40. The seller was a chinese person in canada and the only payment they would accept involved me making a payment to a third party in usa who would then send a money order to canada. didn't want to do this as if i paid with my credit card at least i would have had some insurance. Everything else has gone smoothly though and have dealt with some really nice ppeps on there. Big aspect is the feedback rating - you can read all feedback relating to the seller left by other buyers - more than 5% negative feedback then don't even go there
    i really want to bid for a burberry purse on ebay, but im still a bit suspicious, is there any way they can fiddle you out? like send u one that looks simalar but isnt real, or has been used when it says it hasnt and is in bad condition?:confused:
    Originally posted by Posh*Bird
    i really want to bid for a burberry purse on ebay, but im still a bit suspicious, is there any way they can fiddle you out? like send u one that looks simalar but isnt real, or has been used when it says it hasnt and is in bad condition?:confused:

Ebay, and other auction sites are based on trust. Look for a seller with a high number next to their username. For example, my rating at the moment is 193 which means I've bought from or sold to at least 193 different people all of which have gone smoothly. Be wary of a seller with a zero rating as they *could* be out to rip people off. If you find something you like, read through the seller's feedback and you'll get an idea as to whether they can be trusted or not.
    :)
    So..how are newbies ment to get ratings then if they can't be trusted? They just trust idiots to trust em? =oP

I've tried registering before. They say I have to be 18 and have a valid credit card number, but people pay by chequeu in my class and they're like, 17...

wtf is goin on?!
    I believe that Ebay have recently changed the polocy for registering. If you wanty a full 'membership' you must give details of a valid crediit card, thus stopping plonkers abusing ebay, which is most annoying to proper Ebayers. I believe you can still purchase stuff (hence the use of the cheque) without being a full member, they either have seperate stages of membership, or I am sure you can log in using your hotmail address and password.
    I think you only need to register a credit card if you wish to become a seller.... unless they've changed the rules *again*.
    Ebay in my experience is great

Everything ive got from it has always come, very reliable!
    Definitely - I've bought and sold hundreds of games so far and only been disappointed a few times. Caveat emptor n all that. :)
    you won? yay! what comes next is a handshake and a stick of glue

whoops, i forgot, i'm not helpful.