Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Help Me-he's back!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My ex who I was engaged to for 2 and a half years is back in town. He went away to Doncaster to be with his girlfriend and kid he didnt even tell me about and totally broke my heart so much that i ended up in hospital with bad alcohol poisning and slit wrists. He wants to meet up with me. I dont want to get back with him but I'm curious to know what he wants to talk about. What do i do?

Comments

• Options
    Meet him, but take a friend with you just incase:D

Not sure incase of what.....but just take a friend:D

Men lie, woman fall for them the next thing you know youre heart broken again

save lot of pain and be carefull:)
  • Options
    Meet him but don't fall for any of the shit he'll string to you. Taking a mate is a good idea, means you have someone who'll stop yu doing anything you could/will regret.
  • Options
    Personally I wouldnt meet him.

I had an ex like this, to cut a v.long story short, I met him when he was at uni in Glasgow then came the time for him to go home and we werent sure about the long distance thing. We split up, he broke my heart.

I eventually got over him, then he decided to text me one day out of the blue and tell me he was in Glasgow and wanted to meet up with me. I did and after a nite out I ended up sleeping with him, only for him to go back home again and break my heart all over again. I cut all contact with him and suprise suprise, a few weeks later, another text appears asking to meet him. Stoopid me went along and the same thing happened again. I decided after that meeting that that was it. I wasnt going to be used everytime he felt like a shag.

I moved on with my life, found the love of my life and took serious pleasure in telling the ex to fuck off whenever he sent me one of his "I've been thinking about u again" texts :D

Back to your problem now tho, I agree with Harmless and Kazbo, if you do decide to meet him, definitely take a mate. Meeting him might be just what you need to finally put him in the past for good, where he belongs.
  • Options
    I wouldn't bother meeting him. Sounds like he left you messed up last time, meeting him is just another chance for him to do that again. Don't give him the chance.
  • Options
    it sounds like you had a rough time last time with him, maybe it itsnt worth the heartbreak all over again
  • Options
    Tell him to piss off.
  • Options
    then he decided to text me one day out of the blue and tell me he was in Glasgow and wanted to meet up with me. I did and after a nite out I ended up sleeping with him

Yep and u ladies fall for it all the time, he was just after a shag
  • Options
    :rolleyes: Went out with him. Went to the cinema (he paid which he's never done before :confused: ) He kept saying how much he loved me but I realised that he is in actual fact an ugly lieing bastard so I decided to play mind games with him instead of him doing it to me, I shagged him but in the middle of the shag I got up and yawned and said "God,you are actually a really bad shag" and left! Ha! Power! :D
  • Options
    u go girl!!:D
  • Options
    well done, he obviously deserved it! :D
  • Options
    Thankyou thankyou! *Bows in front of huge applause* :D :cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by MattBomb

Yep and u ladies fall for it all the time, he was just after a shag
    And you guys never make mistakes now do you? Oh to be as perfect as you.
  • Options
    YOU GO! lol Men :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by glittery_vodka

And you guys never make mistakes now do you? Oh to be as perfect as you.

Yep, us lads do make mistakes. The swelling on my right eye is evidence of that :(

But I kinda agree with the what Matt was trying to say, some girls are like that. But probably more girls aren't. If that makes sense.

And JellyGirl, well done :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by atomic brian

Yep, us lads do make mistakes. The swelling on my right eye is evidence of that :(

But I kinda agree with the what Matt was trying to say, some girls are like that. But probably more girls aren't. If that makes sense.

I wasnt meaning to have a go at the male population, It was just what he said annoyed me, I knew what my ex was upto, I didnt need Mattbomb coming and talking down to me as if I was some niave wee girl who doesnt know anything.

Hope ur eye gets better soon atomic brian :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by jellygirl16
    Thankyou thankyou! *Bows in front of huge applause* :D :cool:

Whatever:rolleyes:

Wonders off wishing this girl power shit had died off with the spicegirls

:p;)
  • Options
    Can't take the pace, eh Harmless?! :rolleyes: :D:D
  • Options
    Can't take the pace, eh Harmless?! :rolleyes: :D:D

Yeah something like that!:p ;)

Set in my ways more like
  • Options
    I knew what my ex was upto,

Yet u still let it happen and end up hurt at the end of it. so why u let it happen? go no1 to blame but urself
  • Options
    Now now mattbomb like u would actually understand. We have inklings that men are going to be bastards but we like to give them a chance to prove us wrong but then they don't. Its the whole bad boy cycle. Like me I always fall for bad boys that are gonna treat me like shit. Its a bad habit.:( :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by MattBomb

Yet u still let it happen and end up hurt at the end of it. so why u let it happen? go no1 to blame but urself
    I wasnt looking for sympathy and I wasnt blaming anyone else so do me a favour and shut the fuck up :D

Now now mattbomb like u would actually understand. We have inklings that men are going to be bastards but we like to give them a chance to prove us wrong but then they don't. Its the whole bad boy cycle. Like me I always fall for bad boys that are gonna treat me like shit. Its a bad habit.:( :mad:

Cheers jellygirl, couldnt of put that any better myself ;)
  • Options
    *MattBomb zips it*
  • Options
    well done hon :D