Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i like politics, but i can't say anything in here, all i do is get bitched at for spelling wrong, or not spelling 'american' and i get accused of being a poser, it's not worth it, fuck it

Comments

• Options
    You have to ignore certain comments, or not take them too seriously. Each message board has its own rules and style, and naturally some newcomers have a different approach or style of contributing that doesn't go down well with many of the veterans. It's best to keep your first few posts short and not too 'grandiose' if you know what I mean, and gradually get more involved in debates.

If I were you I'd continue posting. Don't get involved in one-to-one cyber rucks (not yet anyway) and reply to ongoing threads where you think you can contribute something to the debate. You'll soon get the hang of it.
  • Options
    Don't let people put you down here. I like visiting the politics forum because (in addition to having an interest in politics) I enjoy viewing other people's opinions, even if I don't agree with them.
  • Options
    One thing: FUCK IT!

You have to be a bit "tough" on this board... Those are the unofficial rules, and I doubt that they will change anywhere in the near future.

Sometimes it can get to your head, but at most others you will be happy that this is the one "rational" (well most of times its rational) forum on this board, which threads aren't converted into silly random ramblings, and something in the likes of MSN conversations.
  • Options
    Let him go. If the whimp can't handle the minor abuse received so far, what happens when it gets difficult?
  • Options
    Bye bye.

I'm hardly a Politics regular, but even I can tell you're not cut out for this board. You need to write proper like, regardless of whether you choose American or English spelling. You need to make coherent, logical, pointed arguments and they need to be relevant to the issue at hand.

Since you meet none of these criteria, on top of which you can't deal with criticism, constructive or otherwise, dare I suggest that leaving would be a good idea.

Now if only Steelgate would follow example, eh?
  • Options
    This is a politics forum, people will disagree with you, and will be prepared to stand up for their beliefs.

If you can't handle that then its best you do go.

BTW If you really want to see a vehement argument look up the Homosexulas in the Army thread, or Fox Hunting, or several (unending and numerous) g*n related threads. What you have seen here recently has been meak in comparison.