Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Who Manipulates the most.......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In a relationship or life in general, who do you think/find manipulates the most.... Men or Women?

Or do both use their assets to manipulate members of the opposite sex from time to time?

(Maybe manipulation is a too stronger word) Can't think of another word to use sorry

Now I don’t want to start a battle of the sexes, I’m just very very very bored:( :p

Sorry for the bad grammar, blonde day again (Or is that life!!);) :o

Comments

• Options
    i think women can be very manipulative!! (im a girl by the way) my mum always manipulates my stepdad its quite hilarious! she gets him to do what she wants but makes him think it was his idea all along!! unfortunately im not quite so good at it! i end up starting arguments because i dont have the patience to deal with men like my mum does!:D
  • Options
    Women manipulate men more. Or at least I find myself manipulated by women. Not sure which :confused:

Then again I just needed to put on my puppy dog eyes and my ex would give in to my every need.

*evil laugh*

:D
  • Options
    *wants to see Brian's puppy dog eyes*

Women are far more manipulative (IMHO). It's highly entertaining to watch a man do something which he thinks was originally his own idea, but is actually the product of seeds planted in his mind :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    *wants to see Brian's puppy dog eyes*

Women are far more manipulative (IMHO). It's highly entertaining to watch a man do something which he thinks was originally his own idea, but is actually the product of seeds planted in his mind :D

Its actually the other way round, But we don’t like to give out this secret.

But we let you think you are in control by acting dump and letting you think its you who’s telling us what to do when in fact, we wanted to do it in the first place but want your blessing because we know how hard you women are to live with!!

Breath!!

So in fact we are in control but play dump because it suit us and we get an easy life!

I mean we men know you think you are in control and we have no real reason to destroy you’re worlds so we allow you to think that way ;);)

Keeps you off our backs and on yours;)

That’s my story and I’m sticking with it

Anything for an easy life, that’s me Wink Wink!
  • Options
    Pull the other one! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    Pull the other one! ;)

Why? Does it have bells?:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

Why? Does it have bells?:p

Yes, and chimes too.
  • Options
    well...I dunno,
    Ive met some very manipulative men, they just do it in a different kind of way,
    a man will do it over a period of time, weakening the woman to gain control
    Women are more blatant about their manipulation.

My opinion? We're as bad as each other.:)
  • Options
    It's about people, there is no reason for men and woman to behave any differently. The only reason we believe there are psychological differences between men and women is because we spend so much time looking for them. I'm sure if as much money was invested in looking at the differences between people with light and dark eyes we would find as many statistical anomolies.

Sure there are physical differences between the brains of men and women but there are between many groups of people e.g. left and right handers, fit people and unfit people etc. The only reason we spend so much time looking at gender differences is because throughout human history we've been obssessed with getting mos's into bed.

So basically I don't think there is any sensible answer to the question. Sure there is a statistical answer because one sex is by definition more manipulative than the other (although how you measure this is a whole new can of worms) but even were you to find this generic answer what possible purpose could you put it to?