Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the quitters thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this thread is for anybody who has ever quit anything (i.e. drugs, alcohol, smoking, things like that)

i think i quit smoking, its been about 12 weeks!!

Comments

• Options
    i quit heroin,coke,amphetamine,lsd mushrooms. dont want to quit weed or alcohol as they give me no problems.
    CAN'T....cant beat the fucking nicotine demon.
  • Options
    u quit heroin? holy shit, i've had friends who have tried for years and never come a step closer
  • Options
    from 68 to 86 i did truck loads of drugs. actualy enjoyed and proffited from it most of the time...but it wore me down. mentaly physicaly and spiritualy. fit as a butchers dog now. extremely happy with life.
  • Options
    i quit amphetamines after 4 years of abuse
  • Options
    Well amphetamines, I think was my only 'problem' drug (not a bad one, when put up against smack & crack), started to use it to lose weight, kept using it to keep my weight down, for about 3 years - buggered my teeth!

Guess I was doing too much lsd at one point, almost daily for 6 months:p But that was a good, if crazy summer:D

So, I guess I've kicked both of them - tried virually anything, but only on rare or special occassions.

Do like a few shrooms each season, apart from that - as M/roll; the herb, bit of drink - must break the baccy habit:(
  • Options
    Have never really quit anything just taken a step back and calmed things down a bit.......

Pills went crazy with for ages then they started to loose the desired effect, still do them occaisionally

Base gives me stomach cramps for 3 days afterwards now

Ketamine, feel into a very deep hole and decided enough was enough.

Charlie, got bang on it for a while, but realised it was making me skint and my nose was constanly running or sore.

LSD glad I cant get hold of cos it would get me commited !

Puff really should quit so I can get motivated in life, makes me too lazy!

So never say never !!!! TThings just get put on the back burner for weeks/years :D