Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

doctory type stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey, im just wondering if anyone knows a couple of things. well, iv been getting these strange things going on at the back of my throat, but not actually in my throat. The reason im asking this in the drugs forum is most of ya have smoked buda b4 and might know if the throat thingy is related to it. Second, if it is some stoopid cancer or summit, does anyone know how i can get a confidential checkup done? [dont want parents to know] cheers all
Duffy

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    All doctors appointments are confidential. Your doc is not allowed to tell anyone without your consent. There is no legal age or anything either. Just go and book an appointment.
    Bop :)
    cheers mate i appreciate it
    your throat aye....open wide..say ahhhhh.
    I am sure its not cancer, so don't panic!

If, you clearly got concerns - so that the doctor's appointment now!

Let us know how you got on, best of luck;)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Dont worry yourself silly just go get it checked out!! It sounds like a chronic throat infection that causes no real harm unless your kissing the world!

As a rule with cancers it is usually dysphagia (Difficulty swallowing) that can be a warning bell but does not always present itself this way....and age has alot to do with it in many cases............the older the riskier....just put yourself at ease with an appointment with the quack............:D
    cheers for your help all, ill try n bring maself 2 make an appointment sumtime in the hols. God i know how all them students with HIV feel about going lol.
    Duffy
    It depends on your age, I think if your under 16 then the docter does have the right to talk to your parents if he'she feels its really important.
    I maybe wrong though. I dont know why a lot of people are scared of docters, they are bound to have seen MUCH wierder things than anything you can think up. I quite like mine, a while back I went in saying that the pain killers I had werent working;
    me - "It still really hurts"
    her - "well I cant give you anything stronger"
    me - "what am I suposed to do then, its really painful"
    her - "oh alright then, I give you a script for something else"

BANG she gave me 90 60mg codine tablets, result!
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I quite like mine, a while back I went in saying that the pain killers I had werent working;
    me - "It still really hurts"
    her - "well I cant give you anything stronger"
    me - "what am I suposed to do then, its really painful"
    her - "oh alright then, I give you a script for something else"

BANG she gave me 90 60mg codine tablets, result!
    Can you have a word with mine?! They won't give me anything strong enough, even when I keep going back again and again. I'm at the end of my tether.
    My advice is obviously dont abuse prescription drugs, its bound to be illegal.

However I've found in the past that the docters you can see at short notice are normaly preaty crap and therefore are normally a bit more script happy.
    Also as soon as you ask for something then their gaurd will go up and they wont give out, you have to just act well.

Not that I'd know of course.
    Well the reason im "scared" of my doctor is because i dont want my parents finding out i smoke cannabis. Do i have to go to my normal doctor and if i do will he tell my parents the next time i go in?
    Duffy
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    My advice is obviously dont abuse prescription drugs, its bound to be illegal.

However I've found in the past that the docters you can see at short notice are normaly preaty crap and therefore are normally a bit more script happy.
    Also as soon as you ask for something then their gaurd will go up and they wont give out, you have to just act well.

Not that I'd know of course.
    Bongbudda was this reply for me? I hope you didn't think I'm abusing prescription drugs, cos I'm not at all! I have been ill and wanted some decent pain relief. But because of all the people who do abuse them, I can't get this. Makes me mad.
    I wasnt suggesting that you were abusing presciption meds, same as I wasnt say I do.
    I was trying to give you some advice as to how best gain the meds you want from your docter, thats all.

Duffy_2K; I really wouldnt worry about your docter telling your parents, if you are worried though, you could say that you've just been smoking, he/she's bound not to care about that.
    Well, i went on channel4.co.uk\health and it explains it all there, and how you might as well go to an NHS walk in clinic or whatever theyre called as you dont get it put on your medical record then. Thanx everyone youve all been a great help.
    Duffy
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    never ever do this!!
    why?