Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

information

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi there

Comments

• Options
    no

• Options
    OK, I am thinking that as you're from Egypt the sex education isn't as erm, ht as it is here.

No, you cannot get pregnant from sucking a mans penis.

http://www.thesite.org/info/sex/other_sex_issues/sex_myths.html

• Options
    no you cant!
  • Options
    What the hell are spirm ?

An yeah didnt you know babies grow in the lungs...?
  • Options
    ah, give her a break, like bumblee said, egypt's educational system is nothing like yours or mine, i'm near posotive that sex-ed is not even a subject and if it is, it is just the basics.

and also, when you swallow something, it doesn't go to your lungs...
  • Options
    Usually when I read messages like this I get all geared up and angry that people can ask such stupid questions, but then I realised that people sometimes genuinely don't know, and who are we to ridicule them for it? :(

She must have been really worried because she PMd me about it too, and the sad thing was I couldn't explain in terms that were really simple why she couldn't be pregnant, because I just don't know how much people in other cultures are taught.

I am not surprised there is such a problem with HIV in Africa and such places if their young people aren't sure what they're doing. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Usually when I read messages like this I get all geared up and angry that people can ask such stupid questions, but then I realised that people sometimes genuinely don't know, and who are we to ridicule them for it? :(

I know. I was thinking this and sometimes it really pisses me off. I've been known to do it but lately I've been getting so fed up with the way everyone replies with jokey answers and provide no help.

*sighs*

Ah well. Just have to put up with it I s'pose.

Don't all of you start moaning at me for that either! :p
  • Options
    No definatly not - It might not taste very nice though :D
  • Options
    No you cannot get pregnant. The two systems (,i.e. reproductive and digestive) and not related and (I think) the stomach acids kill sperm anyhow.
  • Options
    Do the sperm go into the stomach? Eh where did i think they went!? :p
  • Options
    Nop you can't.:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    OK, I am thinking that as you're from Egypt the sex education isn't as erm, ht as it is here.

At what age do you have that sex education in the UK?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Morgenstern

At what age do you have that sex education in the UK?

It was 11 onwards at my school, but some differ I think.:)
  • Options
    After consulation with parents, my son's school started sex education in the last term of Year 5 (9/10 year olds). It very much depends on the school and the parents.

Personally, I think parent's do not take enough responsibility here. They should be the ones forging and open and honest relationships with their children when it comes to these matters, at as early an age as seems appropriate.

That's just my opinion however and I'm sure there are many out there who would disagree.
  • Options
    I agree. I started sex ed at about 10ish I think. The only thing that annoyed me with schools is that sex ed stopped in Year 9 at mine. Riiiight. That makes sense. And even when you do get it it only occurs like once a year or two years.

*tuts at her school*
  • Options
    It's one thing telling kids the how's and why's of sex and another thing entirely telling them about raising children of their own. In Britain we let down our kids by telling them enough about sex as it is but with no regard to what happens in the long run, say if the girl were to get pregnant.

I think kids need to be told the whole story here in that sex isn't just about gratification, it should be more than that. Also, responsibility for one's actions needs to be brought across more strongly especially if what you do in having sex leads to bringing another life into the world - that's a huge responsibility.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Daisychainthing
    I agree. I started sex ed at about 10ish I think. The only thing that annoyed me with schools is that sex ed stopped in Year 9 at mine. Riiiight. That makes sense. And even when you do get it it only occurs like once a year or two years.

*tuts at her school*

Same here. The sex ed in my last few years at primary school were just basic and the sex ed i received at secondary school was all *girl meets boy, falls in love, gets married at 30 and then two years later after using contraception they had like a perfect healthy baby...*they never said about what happens if a 14 year old gets drunk, shags some random bloke and gets up the duffers...shameful :p
  • Options
    common guys/girls be nice! its suposed to be advice not critisms!
  • Options
    Are we reading the same thread? Because as far as I can see no one was being nasty or criticising (sp?).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Daisychainthing
    Are we reading the same thread? Because as far as I can see no one was being nasty or criticising (sp?).

That's what I thought.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Angie

That's what I thought.

Great minds. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo

It was 11 onwards at my school, but some differ I think.:)

Well i was at an all girls (not religious just all girls) and we got our sex ed (properly with condoms over test tubes and crap) in year 11 bout april/may time. So half of us were in french oral exams and the other half were already pregnant. Thank god for french orals eh?