Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

America is the biggest rogue state!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by stee1gate
    None of those who carried out the September 11th attacks came from Afghanistan they all came from Egypt and Suadia Arabia.

They were born and raised in Saudi and Egypt but they were hiding out and training in Afghanistan. The taliban were sheltering them..

Are you suggesting that the US should have bombed Saudi and Egypt despite those countries not having large numbers of Al-Queda forces in?
  • Options
    The manta of the hypocrites. We hate America!

We love Yankee dollars.
    We go to U.S. for the best medicine on the planet.
    We go to U.S. for a great education.
    We go to the U.S. to get work.

We really hate America though!

Send the foreign aid but we hate you anyway!

If America is so terrible then why are so many trying to sneak in?

As for those British who hate us........why is it you don't speak German now?

Ungrateful little twits! We will do what we feel is in our best interest as we know the rest of the world does not have our best interests at heart.

We fight for freedom and get blamed for all the worlds ills. What would happen to the world if tomorrow we said to hell with all of you? Mayhem!

To all of you American haters...drop dead and go to hell!!!:mad:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: America is the biggest rogue state!
    Originally posted by my_name

why should they leave out information like that in govt. class or history?

What you are asking for is a left-wing slant on those issues, rather than just the facts...look at the Shah - why should that story be taught in the US?

Surely there are more important issues to be discussed.

Forgive me if I am wrong here, but isn't Govt study about how the Govt works rather than the actual decisions it made in the past...
  • Options
    Ungrateful little twits! We will do what we feel is in our best interest as we know the rest of the world does not have our best interests at heart.
    We don't hate America you idiot we hate American foreign policy!

American foreign policy has killed, injured and maimed millions and millions of people around the world in so called foreign interventions liike Korea, Vietnam, Nicargua, El Salvador and now Columbia, America is also the biggest weapons seller to Israel which terrorises the Palestinian people and illegally occupies thier land!

As for World War II, you should read books like IBM and the holocaust of how American companies traded with Nazi Germany and up to and during Americas involvment in World War II. America didn't join World War II to make the world a safer place or save to stop fascism. It joined World War II because of economic competition with Japan over markets and access to raw materials in China and South East Asia. During World War II the allies could easily have have stopped the holocaust by bombing the gas chambers and railway line leading to thew concentration camps but instead chose to bomb German cities killing millions of civilians!

It has helped to power and propped up more brutal dictators than anyother country such as Pinochet of Chile who was brought to power by a CIA coup in 1973 and who killed and tortured and inprisoned tens of thousands of people. And Suharto of Indonesia who came to power in a CIA backed coup in 1965 and killed 500,000 political opponant mostly members of the Indonesian communist party and in 1975 invaded East Timor killing 200,000 people. During all that time Indonesia was sold massive amounts of arms by western countries such as AMerica and Britain!

The American CIA even helped Saddam Hussein to power and armed Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war including selling Iraq equipment to produce chemical and biological weapons!

Read the facts about why American foreign policy is so hated around the world!
  • Options
    Well, Steelgate, who do you think we learned from?

As for your view of the world, you really need to get out more.
  • Options
    America has devastated one of the poorest countries in the world

I'm not trying to convince you that I have a thorough knowledge of Afghanistan history, but didn't Russia and England pretty much play a game of chess with the country during a large part of the 1900's devastating it in the process. How did we devastate what was already devastated. At least we got rid of Taliban rule with you by our side brother. European and American foreign policy has always acted in their best interest to a large degree and always will. Its important to recognize it and critisize it but view it evenly. Englands fucked up a few things to and definately has to be included in the blame when it comes to the Middle East especially Israel.

As far as American policy goes, I think Bush's problem is that he charges into this war on terrorism in such a bullheaded fashion that even if he realizes all his axis of evil shit and war on Iraq may be a bit extreme its to late b/c he's already pumped it up too much, Americans would look like pussys if we backed down and you know we have to much of an ego for that.

let me tell you some of the things i learned, or didn't... all that shit about colombus, until about 9th grade, we didn't learn that they did anything bad to the native americans, i never 'officially' learned about shaw of iran, never heard about the us spending 1.5 billion dollars to iraq military technology, we were never taught about the oil issues, foreign policy, anything important. besides finding it out on my own, it was never taught until college

I went to 2 highschools in NC and VA which are not known for their high quality education and we were made to read news week and often times give reports on current events. In addition we had foreign debate teams all over the state that would meet and have competitions over foreign events. We had honor classes and basic remedial classes for idiots who didn't want to learn. I do agree with you to some degree, I think schools should teach more practical subjects such as establishing credit, resumes, paying taxes etc., but you can't fully blame the school from preventing you to keep up with current events and surely Wisconsin isn't that backwards.
  • Options
    America wants to have its cake, and eat it.

American politics is riddled with 'vested interests' often un-enlightened.

The catalog of American un-ethical actions goes back a long way.

lets be honest here, almost every country that has had the muscle has had a like past!

Even the UK here, have been to more than one country in the world and gone 'nice country, we'll take it'!

The fact is there is no sanction we can take out VS Uncle sam when he misbehaves that he won't laugh at.

Oh well, at least america is open to change, unlike some places.

Hey, my_name, where abouts in Wisconsin are you? I did 6 months at the uni campus in Eau Clair. And boy were they strange there!
  • Options
    steelgate you are a blinkered biased idiot, you don't like what the UK/US is/has done piss off too a country that is anti UK/US and join thier military forces and fight for them, only don't forget you wont enjoy any of the freedoms you have here.
  • Options
    ^^ Exatly, people bitch and complain about all the shit that the U.S. has done and i highly doubt that many of them have ever taken the time to think of what other countries have done and what it would be like to live in one of those 'victim' countries where they have no freedom.
  • Options
    Gad...how I do love living in the 'evil empire' instead of some turdworld shithole...over yonder!:D