Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Nervous about Sex..!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

I've recently been going with a girl called Becky, I met her through her best friend who..bleh..that story is a whole other thread.

Anyway, I've had four sexual partners before and have never experienced much nervousness before..But this time I'm very nervous about size, performance, etc..

I think the main problem is she's just come out of a 1 year relationship of regular, daily sex with a comfortable partner..I've spoken to her about it and she said she's the one who should be nervous cos she's younger and only had one partner etc etc

The other thing is I really like her, lol. Stupid emotions ;)

Any tips on over coming this?

Cheers,
Phil. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    After some "practise" you'll loose your nervousness soon :D
    Don't think about the nervousness - don't think about what you should do - just do it - it's a natural instinct :D
    Talk to her, ask her what she likes ....
    Or have some beers - that usually kills my nervousness :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Drink.

Ok maybe not. As you get more involved with each other, these emotions will disapear. Maybe if you are both feeling nervous you shouldnt be having sex yet?
  • Options
    Maybe if you waited untill you really know her well and feel comfortable around her your nerves would vanish? (I only put that because i can't spell dissappear (?))
    Get a small drink inside you and maybe you will be more relaxed, dutch courage and all that..... but not so much that you are drunk and make a fool of your self.

This may help

Mens Sex Worries

Good luck :)
  • Options
    I remember when I fancied this guy for months...and vice versa...the tension between us was amazing!

It was nerve wrecking when we slept together - but in a way, the nerves makes it more intense and special. Does that make any sense?:confused:
  • Options
    Yeah I know what you mean

Its all in your head tho mate, don't worry about having sex until you can feel relaxed with your self. I mean your also putting pressure on your self thinking about her last relationship

You giving yourself something to live up to when you shouldn't be worrying yet!
    Any tips on over coming this?

Yes, Time

It gets easier as time go by, but that doesn't help you right now....

Maybe talking to her about your fear might help......No it doesn't I had the same fears as you and I kind had the person Who I was with at the time talk me through them but It didn't get ride of them, I guess in a way it help me tho

It can't hurt to try can it?