Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

why girls like bastards.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why do girls like guys who dont show any affection to them?

why do they stay with people who dont satisfy there emotional needs?
Why do they complain about how much of an arsehole someone is, but still go out with them?

dont just direct me to the "magazine page", i want the board users opinions.

Comments

• Options
    Its absolutely true!!! Its because as much as they try to resist, traditional roles still persist. Most guys go for birds who are ladylike or feminine rather than tomboyish. Equally, girls go for a guy who can protect them and who has status. This is usually gained by doing laddish things. Treating girls like shit actually show that we have power in a crazy way and they like this.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    My word, im going to have loads of come-back about these comments arent i???!!!??
    Let me just clarify, i am stating an opinion, and what i say by no means applies to everyone - hey, it would be a boring world if it did.
    The worst thing a guy can do in the attempting to attract women world is appear too sensitive/feminine/weak etc. These qualities can certainly be attractive in certain circumstances but girls will soon tire of them.
    Maybe im just bitter cos im too Alex (Big Brother)- ish. Boo hoo:mad: :(
  • Options
    Let me just clarify, i am stating an opinion, and what i say by no means applies to everyone - hey, it would be a boring world if it did.

come on romeo, dont pussy out. just speak your mind. thankyou for your comment though. your right, although it depresses me, because it guarantees that il never have any contact with girls.
  • Options
    Re: why girls like bastards.
    Originally posted by jamesyeahbaby

dont just direct me to the "magazine page", i want the board users opinions.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Not all women want men like this!!
    Its a bit like saying all you men love a bitch....
    Anyway, the reason some women stay with men like this is inexperience, any self-confident woman with experience of relationships would tire of being treated like shit and dump him.
    The other type of woman feels this is how it is, part of being a man, he's nice...sometimes, shows her affection(when it suits him), and she feels that she's lucky to have the attention she gets!
    Dont give up, some of us have done that bit and want more out of life than following an arsehole around like a love sick puppy waiting for our next treat to be thrown.:D
  • Options
    I like nice blokes. Yeah there's an appeal that comes with the bastards, but that's just because I like chasing, and it sometimes gets too easy with nice guys.

But for anything serious they have to be nice, pay me attention yet look after me as well. Can't let me get all my own way though...that just aint healthy for anyone. lol!
  • Options
    Re: why girls like bastards.
    why do girls like guys who dont show any affection to them?

Wow, a sweeping generalisation based purely on your own experiences.

What about the millions of relationships that aren't anything like this?
  • Options
    I'm awful for falling for lads. One of my ex's was such a control freak, and became a million times worse when he'd been drinking.

I remember lying in bed one night crying silently (so that I wouldn't wake the beast up) and I vowed that once I managed to get out of the house, that I would never look back. And I didn't.
    :)

I crept out of bed so quietly, and got dressed - but he woke up. He followed me out of the house shouting abuse at me, telling me I couldn't leave, - it was like a full on domestic! :eek:

Ever since that, i've gone for men who are quiter and more sensible. When I started seeing someone new, I used to push him and see if he'd go for me or not! He kept saying he wasn't going to do anything, no matter what I ever did.

:)

Anyway, back to the point....why do women go for bastards? :confused:

I don't know! :D
  • Options
    I think that doesn't apply to all girls, lots moan to me that they can't find a nice guy!
    But some girls like the thrill and the excitment of a 'bad boy' i guess. A bit of fun if you have just come out of a relationship and your not after anything serious?
    But most girls i know would prefer a reliable bloke - doesn'y mean they can't be fanciable :p:D

Oh and is this the thing you didnt want to see :p

Bastard Appeal

I think it about says it all there anyway.
  • Options
    I have a date with a 'bad boy' tomorrow - :eek::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Don't get me started on this subject, Its best I bite my lip and watch from the sidelines
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Don't get me started on this subject, Its best I bite my lip and watch from the sidelines

Come on....:) ...do tell. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Baby
    I have a date with a 'bad boy' tomorrow - :eek::rolleyes:

Why?

If it all goes wrong and I read a thread on here posted by you called 'Why is he so mean?' then it'll serve you right, hehe. :)
  • Options
    i guess most girls want something to talk or nag about and, as you call them bastards are the best. most girls are kinda humble and i think they need bad boys to shout about to, their mates or whoever. i think its also about the power :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Van The Man

Why?

If it all goes wrong and I read a thread on here posted by you called 'Why is he so mean?' then it'll serve you right, hehe. :)

WE've been seeing eaach other for a while unofficially, and he's a good boy really. ;)
  • Options
    Coz girls are silly little things
  • Options
    Am I the only person who actually LOVES Alex from Big Brother?! I love him, he's kool. Okay, So he is a bit of a ponse, but I think he's lovely!!! Be Proud Of Who You Are (or are similar to!!!lol)
    Oh, and as for the main topic of conversation...I am another one of the ladies that goes for the bad guys..and it IS true that nice gus finish last. I personally can't stand nice guys! I even had to ask one of my "nice guy" mates to treat me like shit!!!! I couldn't cope with his "niceness" hehee *rolls eyes at herself*
    Beth xXx
  • Options
    :rolleyes: It's true that some girls go for bastards. For God's sake. Generalise the whole lot of us. Like Bumblebee said, just because you've had bad experiences doesn't mean the millions of other girls and relationships going in the world are like the ones you know/have seen.

:rolleyes: Nice guys don't finish last. I have a mate who is one of the sweetest guys I know and he is lovely to everyone. He's got a girlfriend who he's been with for a fair few months and several other girls who would love to go out with him. All girls go for bastards, eh?
  • Options
    It's because we're suckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Meh, how generalised. Not all girls go for bastards, far from it. Ok, perhaps some may, and they have their reasons. But all the girls I know go for normal guys. Not bastards, not overtly wonderful, just normal. If there is such a thing, but that's another topic entirely. ;)

Some girls may do the whole "bad boy" phase, but we grow out of it. At the end of the day, all a girl wants is a nice, reliable guy who will treat her well. To generalise in the way you have, and to say that all girls go for bastards, is to take a rather narrow minded view of females.
  • Options
    i dunno y but i do it !
  • Options
    Because it keeps them away from whingeing bastards like you James.
  • Options
    why am i a whinging bastard?
  • Options
    Because all you do is whinge?
  • Options
    thats not very kind of you. i kindly, and respectfully, instruct you to GO FUCK YOURSELF.
  • Options
    James - must you slate every piece of advice you are given here?

Most people come here for advice and stay, and end up helping other people. You just pop in every now and again and expect the whole world to revolve around you. :rolleyes: :mad:
  • Options
    thats not very kind of you. i kindly, and respectfully, instruct you to GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Wooooooo, a large amount of intelligent reasoning went into constructing that sentence didn't it James?!

Very original.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Daisychainthing
    Nice guys don't finish last.

Not according to greenday.....

Oh i'm pissed hungover help.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb
    Oh i'm pissed hungover help.

lol, I could tell that from your name on MSN. What have you been up to? :p
  • Options
    Not all girls like bastards. For example, even though you proclaim to be a 'nice guy' you keep acting like a bastard. Hence, I don't like you.

Besides, I'd take an honest bastard over a dishonest one any day. If I had to settle for a bastard. Which I don't.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RNT
    whats so wrong about people born out of wed lock? :confused:

Hush you. You know that's not what I meant. :p