Home Politics & Debate

So... Katie Hopkins is at it again.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Jesus Christ. Am I the only one who is disliking this woman more and more?

katie-hopkins.jpg

Comments

  • HannHann Meme Queen MancPosts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    You're not the only one Mike.
    The fact she's constantly picking on celebrities and everyone else. She's a disgrace to human kind.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical Poster Posts: 5,421 Part of The Furniture
    This angers me so much.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As much as I dislike some of her comments/opinions, particularly ones like the above, she can be funny sometimes and I really admire her self-confidence. I don't think someone should be judged purely on some of their opinions - it dismisses all of the good that she really does have. I have to admit, there was a time when I absolutely hated Katie, but I'd say try and find out more about her first if you don't know much - because she has been through a lot - that's why she's the way she is, sometimes.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She complained about people killing themselves bc it made her late for something. She's vile.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As much as I dislike some of her comments/opinions, particularly ones like the above, she can be funny sometimes and I really admire her self-confidence. I don't think someone should be judged purely on some of their opinions - it dismisses all of the good that she really does have. I have to admit, there was a time when I absolutely hated Katie, but I'd say try and find out more about her first if you don't know much - because she has been through a lot - that's why she's the way she is, sometimes.

    Hmmm. Fair point. :) Being totally honest, all I know of her is what's been floated around the media (which is all bad).
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiccup wrote: »
    She complained about people killing themselves bc it made her late for something. She's vile.

    That's vile - not her altogether.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's vile - not her altogether.

    Her all together is vile in my opinion.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She's famous for being famous and she needs to do something to remain in the public eye...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She's famous for being famous and she needs to do something to remain in the public eye...

    This. She has no talent or skills and just wants people to talk about her. Stop giving her attention and she'll go away
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Getting angry at Hopkins is almost as much a waste of oxygen as Hopkins herself is.

    She has all the social awareness you'd expect from someone who went to Sandhurst and failed at The Apprentice.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Katie sees being liked, receiving compliments etc. as a weakness. She isn't as horrible as she tries to make herself seem - it's a mask to take away from stuff other people have no idea about. Surely a lot of us here can empathise with her there?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think someone should be judged purely on some of their opinions - it dismisses all of the good that she really does have.

    What would you have us judge her on? Someone's publicly stated opinions seem like a perfect thing to judge them on.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What would you have us judge her on? Someone's publicly stated opinions seem like a perfect thing to judge them on.

    Of course, judge her opinions, disagree with them, etc. I don't think her opinions completely define who she is though, so to me it feels wrong that people judge her entire being based on some of the things she says. There's a much bigger picture - she has a past, a future, a family, she has so much good - she's just not too comfortable showing that side of herself.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Of course, judge her opinions, disagree with them, etc. I don't think her opinions completely define who she is though, so to me it feels wrong that people judge her entire being based on some of the things she says. There's a much bigger picture - she has a past, a future, a family, she has so much good - she's just not too comfortable showing that side of herself.

    I feel like you're trying to be a bit tricksy with language here.

    Are you saying that just because she has odious views on, let's face it, a lot of things, that I shouldn't extrapolate and assume in all areas of her life she's completely and irredeemably odious? That given the chance to strangle a puppy she'd take it? Because if that's what you're getting at, I'll grant her that faint praise.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Odious, insidious, socially blinkered, self obsessed, deeply hateful, racist, sexist, woefully socially inaddiquate, homophobic...I could go on but I'd rather not waste my time. How long before she gets arrested for hate crimes?
  • **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Listening Ear
    she has so much good

    How do we know that a good side exists unless she shows it? Perhaps she likes the idea of being a good person, but doesn't know how to be one, so just isn't?

    Curious to hear some examples of her goodness. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think someone who says things for no other reason than to offend others is pretty cruel. But then definitely agree with Arctic, I totally ignore her - she says horrible things about every single group of people so I just think "meh it's her again".
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    she has so much good

    Nonsense. People are judged by their words and deeds, not by anything else.

    A person cannot be "good" if they choose to spend their life doing "bad" things. It doesn't really matter why they choose to do "bad" things.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doesn't she just say stuff like that to get attention and because she *knows* that everyone will get riled up? I doubt she believes a lot of the shit she chats
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's the impression I get
  • **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Listening Ear
    Just in case anyone questions whether or not they have much in common with her...http://www.sunnation.co.uk/how-katie-hopkins-are-you/

    :d
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    50% too. But like Whowhere said, unlike Katie Hopkins, I know when to keep my gob shut.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Melian wrote: »
    50% too. But like Whowhere said, unlike Katie Hopkins, I know when to keep my gob shut.

    I wonder if this is the problem? Like whether or not people actually air their views deciding whether they're good or bad. It kinda seems like a silly thing to define who you are. :chin:

    Not saying I disagree here, just food for thought!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmmm. Well, I think the problem is, Katie Hopkins never has anything (that I've heard anyway!) nice to say about anyone. She just seens to be so negative about everyone. Hence why I personally, really can't stand the woman. It just seems that she says the things she does to get a reaction.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Melian wrote: »
    Hmmm. Well, I think the problem is, Katie Hopkins never has anything (that I've heard anyway!) nice to say about anyone. She just seens to be so negative about everyone. Hence why I personally, really can't stand the woman. It just seems that she says the things she does to get a reaction.

    This is a good point. As YSH said, saying things for the purpose of offending people is pretty horrid. Makes me curious about what she's like in person rather than via the media though :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Given that she lost her job with the Met Office because of her behaviour, I imagine she is pretty similar in real life. I don't get the feeling she's just WUMming, unlike Jeremy Clarkson, I get the feeling she believes most of what she says.

    Still, I'd prefer people like that were open about what they think, rather than hiding their toxic views away.

    As for arguing with her or getting upset with her, "There's no point debating anything online. You might as well hurl shoes in the air to knock clouds from the sky."
  • **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Listening Ear
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Yesterday she announced that the best way to deal with the boat migrants in the Med is to send gunships to sink them........

    What. A. Bitch.

    That was a while ago, maybe a week? Since that there's been a petition to get her fired from the sun - and an article suggesting no celebrities want to take part in her talk show. I also notice she hasn't tweeted since the weekend...

    However, there has also been some interesting articles about how much anger is being pointed in her direction rather than energy being focused on the issues at hand with migration...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    **helen** wrote: »
    However, there has also been some interesting articles about how much anger is being pointed in her direction rather than energy being focused on the issues at hand with migration...

    Indeed.

    I don't think we should be sending gunships out to shoot immigrants, but on the other hand rushing out with the Lifeboat is only profiting the traffickers. If people think they'll be saved by the navy if they set sail in their traffickers' rickety fishing boat, more of them are going to attempt it because they will perceive the risk to be lower.

    It is a tough one. Only the callous would say "they got themselves on the boat, their problem, leave them there", but rushing out to save them all is actually making the problem worse.
Sign In or Register to comment.