Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Final Warning

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my son was 16 when he did something stupid and received a Final Warning from the Police. He is now 29 and tried to get into the Police and because of this FW he has been told he cannot become part of the Police Force. When the FW was issued it was in an office at the Police Station and the officer told us that it would not go outside the four walls, but it is on my sons CRB. can anyone advise what to do please.


  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi milliedog,

    I'm sorry to hear about your son's situation. It must be pretty frustrating that something he did at 16 seems to be affecting his career prospects 13 years later.

    While I'm not an expert on police procedures or DBS checks, I do know of a couple of organisations that might be able to advise you further:

    The Citizen's Advice Bureau is a good first port of call. They have online information and trained advisors who can answer any questions you might have.

    You could also potentially contact Nacro, a charity that specialise in providing advice for people with criminal records (though I'm not sure whether a warning would give you a record).

    Hope that helps
Sign In or Register to comment.