Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Worst break-up ever??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you ever broken up with someone, and it's been so bad that you don't think yo ucan cope?

When my ex left me, it literally took my breath away. I've never actually been 'heart broken' before!!!:p

Comments

• Options
    No.
  • Options
    No, but thats only because i have never really gone out with anyone that i cared fro that much (untill now) So when the relationships ended it wasn't so much of a big deal.
  • Options
    Yes, 6 weeks ago, resulting in me not eating, being sick, shaking, bursting into tears anywhere (on the bus, in the middle of town, at the dinner table), drinking alone..the list goes on.

I never thought it would feel that bad, part of you thinks it's not worth having relationships if it hurts so much. (I think it is though).

I am getting there now, there are supposed to be these different stages of a breakup (read it in Cosmo). It can take a long time but gets easier. I am still not up to seeing anyone else or having a great time, but I think it's a good idea to be single for a while.
  • Options
    No, But I'm sure my time will come
  • Options
    Yep.

Not nice at all, made me think about whether relationships are worth all the aggro that goes with them.
  • Options
    Yes, it's more than possible. And it affects guys as much as girls.

:(
  • Options
    yep - try to remember you are not alone
  • Options
    nope not really bad anyway!
    and i dont want to either.
  • Options
    Everytime that i have been dumped ive felt so bad. just not wanting to get up in the morning and crying myself to sleep at night-especially my last break up where i love the guy :( and still do :(:(:(
  • Options
    I went out with someone for 2 years and they then turned around and said they'd been with another girl for the whole year before and that he'd had a kid with her in that time....wooooah take down emma! :eek:
  • Options
    Yeah I have had that happen to me, only I was lucky and he told me before the other girls baby was born. He was an ass... and it hurt for an ungodly long time.
  • Options
    Yep I have done. In the angry period at the moment from it. :(
  • Options
    Re: Worst break-up ever??
    Originally posted by Baby
    Have you ever broken up with someone, and it's been so bad that you don't think yo ucan cope?

When my ex left me, it literally took my breath away. I've never actually been 'heart broken' before!!!:p
    Yup. Felt like this a couple of times. Never thought I'd get over it but of course did in time. Its the worst. I hope I never feel like that ever again.
  • Options
    Hmmm...just three days ago and I'd never had my heart broken - just broke hearts if i'm brutally honest. Well I guess they say 'what goes around comes around' and it's very true. Not meaning to sound extreme, even though I knew it wasn't working out those final words of 'I don't want you anymore' cut me like a knife as my biggest fear is rejection after my dad rejecting me. I cried up until last night but today I feel more positive and stronger. I think I will love again but i'll never give myself to someone so eagerly only to be hurt so bad...
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheMistress
    I think I will love again but i'll never give myself to someone so eagerly only to be hurt so bad...

I know exactly what you mean. My ex left me for another woman. I thought he was the man I was going to marry. :( For weeks afterwards i'd go round saying 'oh, he'll come back...we're meant to be.' :rolleyes: Oh dear!
  • Options
    my first 'proper' boyfriend broke my heart - we broke up on my birthday, and two weeks later he went wih my best friend. I've posted the whole story on here before (a LONG time ago), and i was a proper mess at the time - self harming, suicide attempts, etc. Thank god, i realised i had a problem, i went to the doctor, who was very sympathetic, and put me on a course of anti-depressants. He later came running back to me and told me that he was still in love with me, and has recently been coming on to me (we broke up more than a year ago!), and i've just told him to sod off, but ultimately he meant that the relationship that i've most recently gotten out of with someone else didn't work out cos he was always in the background. I was still in love with him, and he was hassling me to get back with him, which put a huge strain on my relationship with A, but he's completely out of my system now, and i'm trying to see if a relationship with A will work... i dunno. Have to talk to A about it tomorrow. Hope it all goes well!
  • Options
    Yeah, when I split with my ex I was a mess for lots of reasons which I don't talk about to anyone and some other stuff and now he's calling me again.
    The only bugger is that it's because his girlfriend (one of a few who he cheated on me with) has dumped him and he doesn't actually want me. He just wants anyone to keep him from being lonely or bored or whatever. Pah. I actually considered getting back with him which is completely stupid but made sense at the time so I'm ignoring him now. I'm so sad. I saw him get on the bus that I was about to catch today so I hid and waited for the next bus.

*tuts at self*
  • Options
    best thing to do babes, if you don't want to face up to anything/tell em to sod off, run and hide. It works for me! :D How you doing, btw?
  • Options
    :)

I felt like a right twat though. Ugh.

I shoulda listened to you when you told me to stop punching walls. And I'm okily now as you know from the natteryness last night. And now you've buggered off to Reading so I've got no idea why I'm replying. Lucky moo. :p

And now I sound like a freak so I too shall bugger off.
  • Options
    my worst break up was when i was dumped by letter and it hurt but i dont think ive ever actually had my heart broken. im a very reserved person when it comes to relationships and dont trust guys very easily. it always seems like when i do they let me down. so ive stayed away from guys for a few years (as in no serious relationships) and now i feel ready to try again. wish me luck :D
  • Options
    my worst was when i split wiv a lad id been with for 4/5 months. i neva realised how much i loved him n i used 2 cry for stupid reasons n stuff.. we r m8s agen now tho so its cool
  • Options
    yup! about 10 months ago now and if i hadnt met the fella i like now i dont thnk i wud have got over me ex.
    was wiv him 4 15 months and then wen we broke up he was wiv another girl the next day and told me he had liked her 4 ages bout a yr! the little shit!
    makes u tnk its not wrth it until sum1 special comes along & then u see why u did it in the first place, its pain and pleasure and all that.
  • Options
    My ex Rob. I fancied him for 3 months, finally went out with him despite everyone warning me he is a player.
    I slept with him then he dumped me after 2 weeks.
    He lives oposite my school so to make it worse i have to see him most days :(
    And more recently i got stuck on a bus with him and my new boyfriend (who wants to beat him up), for about half a hour.

The worst 30 minutes of my life!
  • Options
    Originally posted by vsexylucy
    My ex Rob.

Ugh. :(

Is there something about all the Robs in the world?! Every Rob I've known has been a complete twat.

*sighs*

Ah well. Fuck 'em! :) (I mean our ex's here...not all the Robs in the world...unless you're anything like my ex...:mad: )
  • Options
    Is NOT a Rob! (Is a Michael actually) ;)

Worst breakup for me happened a few years ago. I was totally into this girl who had just come off a relationship and was leaning on me big time for emotional support. Basically I started noticing that the roles were strangely reversed in the relationship after a while, with me being open and honest and supportive (as I always understood girls wanted in guys), but she was obtuse and evasive about her feelings more and more.

To make a long story short, one night during a group weekend in the countryside (a group of us rented a big house), she went out to the front porch at about 2 am with another of my work colleagues and shagged him senseless with me 5 feet away on the couch (she thought i was asleep) and his gf asleep in an upstairs bedroom. Needless to say i had to hear the whole thing with my heart splintering to pieces and too decent to get up and call attention to the whole thing.

I guess ive been averse to going out and falling for anyone again after that since I tend to go for the same types over and over even though they seem different at the start. Ugh, are there any females out there who believe in character, honesty and loyalty?