Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mindfulness Colouring Book

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This could go in creative or could go here so I'm going to plonk it here and see what happens.

This is a suggestion for those who like to draw/ be creative or those who just want to try out some mindfulness.
I recently found a book called The Mindfulness Colouring Book which uses art therapy as a way of dealing with overpowering thoughts.

the-mindfulness-colouring-book-978075226562901.jpg
It's similar to the Wreck Your Journal which I've seen is quite popular on here, so thought I would suggest this too. Sometimes I want to be creative but don't really want to draw I just want to do something that's going to take my mind off things and let my thoughts just slow down, so this book is perfect because all you do is colour the pages! It has lots of patterns which you can just colour.

I gave it a go and found it really good, it just made me focus on how I can make it look nice and just slowing down the negative thoughts which is kind of what mindfulness is all about, sometimes with mindfulness you need to sit quietly and concentrate on nothing but breathing, but sometimes I just can't stop my mind from wandering off somewhere, but found that doing this really helps! There's also lots of other versions too, I have another one called Dream Catcher: A soul bird's journey which has lovely pictures to draw and also nice quotes to go along with the pictures.

Give it a go :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I need one of these! :eek:
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    May look into getting one of these. :heart: thanks for sharing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Looks great - so pleased it helps you hmmm :) Thanks for sharing.
    Oooh ive been looking for something exactly like this!!
    I'm interested in getting some but is anyone else a bit.... Embarrassed about it. I'm gonna be 25 soon, bit late to be colouring?
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I'm interested in getting some but is anyone else a bit.... Embarrassed about it. I'm gonna be 25 soon, bit late to be colouring?

Not at all! You're never too old for art. Whether it's for a focus or even just for fun, colouring is a creative way of expressing yourself and/or losing yourself - there's no shame in that :heart:
    Not at all! You're never too old for art. Whether it's for a focus or even just for fun, colouring is a creative way of expressing yourself and/or losing yourself - there's no shame in that :heart:

:yes:
    I don't think there's anything to be embarrassed about, if you were to draw a picture you would colour it afterwards right? I certainly would! You're doing positive things for your mental health I'd say that's a good thing and if anyone judged me for it, well then theyre the one with the problem not me :)
    Thanks cos im really excited to get one!!
    I'm not good at drawing, but I do like to colour in and was looking at a colouring book similar to the Dream Catcher one in Waterstones a few days ago, and ordered it online today.
    61kwwM0nLQL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    They have quite a few different ones on amazon as well
    They have quite a few different ones on amazon as well
    Yeah, quite a few on there, plenty of different designs. Wanted to order them all.
    James has managed to blag some of these so we'll have some to give away as prizes at some point! :D Thanks for sharing hmmm7!
    Looking forward to starting my animal kingdom one :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    I got these for one of my friends. She finds colouring really therapeutic :) I'm yet to send it off!
    Got my animal kingdom one today, it's a really gorgeous book with gold detailing on the front
    Got my animal kingdom one today, it's a really gorgeous book with gold detailing on the front
    I love the detail. I look at it everytime I pick up the book.
    I love the detail. I look at it everytime I pick up the book.

I almost dont wanna start colouring it, its so pretty!
    OMG. I saw the Animal Kingdom one when I was out with my sister the other day and I picked it up to have a look at the pages but decided not to buy it there and then.

My sister ordered it online when she got home that night and got it sent to mine, and just told me to open the post. I screamed with excitement. That's embarrassing. But OMG :hyper: I freakin' love my sister so much and she's so thoughtful (yet sneaky) :heart:
    OMG. I saw the Animal Kingdom one when I was out with my sister the other day and I picked it up to have a look at the pages but decided not to buy it there and then.

My sister ordered it online when she got home that night and got it sent to mine, and just told me to open the post. I screamed with excitement. That's embarrassing. But OMG :hyper: I freakin' love my sister so much and she's so thoughtful (yet sneaky) :heart:

Aw that is so lovely. I haven't had time to start mine yet, I kind of don't want to cos it's so pretty. :heart:
    Aw that is so lovely. I haven't had time to start mine yet, I kind of don't want to cos it's so pretty. :heart:

It is pretty but by adding your own detailed colour, that's going to make it even more beautiful, plus you're adding much more of a personal touch in such a creative way which can only ever make something more stunning and valuable in my opinion. There's no way of ruining something pretty when you're being so expressive with art. It's raw beauty in any form. :heart:
    It is pretty but by adding your own colour detailed colour, that's going to make it even more beautiful, plus you're adding much more of a personal touch in such a creative way which can only ever make something more stunning and valuable in my opinion. There's no way of ruining something pretty when you're being so expressive with art. It's raw beauty in any form. :heart:

Very true. :heart:
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Just dropping by to say that we got in touch with the author, Emma Farrarons and she was kind enough to send us some copies of The Mindfulness Colouring Book! :hyper:

We'll be giving them away as prizes soon, so watch this space :thumb:
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    James wrote: »
    Just dropping by to say that we got in touch with the author, Emma Farrarons and she was kind enough to send us some copies of The Mindfulness Colouring Book! :hyper:

We'll be giving them away as prizes soon, so watch this space :thumb:
    Yay!!! :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I have to go to Waterstones now!! These look absolutely amazing, I think I need to start saving for it though, been spending far to much over the last few days.
    I have to go to Waterstones now!! These look absolutely amazing, I think I need to start saving for it though, been spending far to much over the last few days.
    They are really cool. The animal kingdom one is really nice

They are really cool. The animal kingdom one is really nice

Yeah, I really like that one, might have to put student money towards it, haha! Have you got one?! There should be a thread like the wreck this journal one, where people can show off the pages they've done!! :heart: These are such wonderful ideas! :heart:
    Yeah I have it. I brought it few weeks ago. But didnt start it for ages. Its a good distraction. Yeah a thread sounds cool. You could start one :thumb:

Yeah I have it. I brought it few weeks ago. But didnt start it for ages. Its a good distraction. Yeah a thread sounds cool. You could start one :thumb:

Hahaha, I would need to buy the book before starting a thread on it xD