Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Help what do I do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right I'm really fed up 'sad face'. The guy I snogged from work is being super weird in work with me and it's been 4 wks.. Avoids to talk to me etc is there anything I can do

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Make him listen - he can't avoid you forever.
    Make him listen - he can't avoid you forever.
    We work in same room too totally ignoring me
    have you thought about asking him for coffee or something where you can talk in private? he might be feeling a bit awkward! not your fault... but might be worth clearing things up
    sophie.. wrote: »
    have you thought about asking him for coffee or something where you can talk in private? he might be feeling a bit awkward! not your fault... but might be worth clearing things up

Not sure but it's been over a month now I have no issue it seems it's him with the problem
    Nerdy wrote: »
    Not sure but it's been over a month now I have no issue it seems it's him with the problem

So if you both haven't talked at all, maybe he thinks you are the problem? Since you have an issue with the status quo I urge you to create your own solution to this, by talking to him. I mean you can also not do this and wait until he starts talking, but in the meantime we get weekly updates that the guy you snogged at work hasn't talked to you in 5 weeks, 6 weeks, 7 weeks, 8 weeks, etc. until you are sick of hearing the same advice: Go talk to him and see what's up.
  • SarahRSarahR Posts: 213 Trailblazer
    Hi Nerdy :)

It sounds like things have been awkward between you and the guy at work since you kissed (I'm assuming things were pretty much OK before that?).

If it's bothering you a lot that he's being so unresponsive, it might be a good idea to approach him when he's on his own and say something like, 'Hi, I'm sensing you're not wanting to talk to me much at the moment, am I right about that?' It could be a good way to get him to open up about how he's feeling.

However, if he denies anything is wrong or doesn't want to talk about it, it might be best to put the whole thing to rest and move on. Unfortunately, we can't make other people talk to us if they don't want to. It might be better to try and talk to other colleagues or friends who do want to spend time with you and hope that the next time you're attracted to someone, they'll be happy to spend time with you and treat you with respect.

It sounds like this has been bothering you for a while now so I do hope these responses have been helpful :)
    SarahR wrote: »
    Hi Nerdy :)

It sounds like things have been awkward between you and the guy at work since you kissed (I'm assuming things were pretty much OK before that?).

If it's bothering you a lot that he's being so unresponsive, it might be a good idea to approach him when he's on his own and say something like, 'Hi, I'm sensing you're not wanting to talk to me much at the moment, am I right about that?' It could be a good way to get him to open up about how he's feeling.

However, if he denies anything is wrong or doesn't want to talk about it, it might be best to put the whole thing to rest and move on. Unfortunately, we can't make other people talk to us if they don't want to. It might be better to try and talk to other colleagues or friends who do want to spend time with you and hope that the next time you're attracted to someone, they'll be happy to spend time with you and treat you with respect.

It sounds like this has been bothering you for a while now so I do hope these responses have been helpful :)

Well since its happened yep!! He jokes with me nown again but seems super stand offish
    Hi Nerdy,

Firstly sorry to hear that you are feeling so fed up with this situation, it sounds like it it really getting to you, which is completely understandable.

You say that it has been about 4 weeks since you snogged this guy at work and that he is avoiding talking to you. I imagine you might be feeling confused and quite hurt.

Communication is key here, you say that you have no problem with him, would you be able to tell him this? If it all feels a bit awkward maybe you could speak via text or e-mail?

Let us know how you get on.