Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why should Marathon runners raise money for TheSite?

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
<insert your quotes here> :d

We'd like to send some motivation for our current runners for 2015... What nuggets can you give us to keep them fired up about their efforts?

The more detail, the better - but quick replies also very welcome.

tired_runner.jpg

:thumb:

Sometimes it can help to think about it in the context of 'what would be lost if TS didn't exist'

Cheers muchly.

Comments

• Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Because TS is amazing!
    Because without the peer support and mods' help provided through the boards and live chat, young people who might not know where else to turn wouldn't get the support they needed.
    Because TS, with its supportive environment and friendly users has been there for me and helped me feel reassured that I wasn't alone with this and reminding me to take positive steps when I've not been well.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I definitely second what Kate has said.

TheSite continues to make me learn valuable life lessons but also I feel I've gained so much knowledge just by being a member on here. It's like an ongoing experience that constantly provides you with something new. I also have an almost certain idea of what I eventually want to do with my life which I don't think I would have ever even considered had I never come across TheSite before. I'm hugely grateful for this place and I imagine that feeling is going to keep growing.
  • Options
    Where do I start? ;) First I second what the other two said. ^

TS is an important crutch for a lot of young people; without it, many would not have a place to turn to when they feel lost or in danger. The amount of peer support as well as expert advice is fantastic, as well as having people who can relate to just about any situation you're in. I'm constantly learning new things here and meeting the greatest people ever. One of the most eye opening things I ever did was to come here and I'm glad I stayed. :yes: TS is a second home and a safe place for a lot of us, and I'd rather not think about where a lot of us would be without it!
  • Options
    And what support would TS give their runners? I've run for a few charities and it's off putting when I've had no support or thanks from them.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I agree with what Kate, butterfly and Mike have already said.

:heart:

TS is a amazing and caring place to be. I can't imagine life without TS, I have met amazing people, and made lifelong friends. TS has changed my life, and continues to support me and many others.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "