Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nails Nails Nails!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I sorta wanted to make a new thread... All abouttt.... NAILS!

So I have recently been given the acrylic nail bug by my mum!! She has me hooked! I got my nails done and they were a lush purple colour (unfortunately I do not have a photo:grump: ) But! I then painted them again to be christmassy! I did them red and the finger next to my pinky on both hands had a red glittery coat as well! I will have to find a picture!

But I'd like to know your likes and dislikes on nails! Whether you like square, round or pointed nails! I personally love square and pointed!

What's your favourite colours?!

And do you have any fun designs you've ever attempted or seen that you love?:)

Comments

• Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I actually prefer my own nails, as I can actually grow them, I prefer the thumb nails to be rounded and the others to be levelled off at the top.
    I don't actually have any favourite colours. I am starting to like having the ring fingers a silver colour though or a different colour to the rest.
    When I did NCS, I had my nails Red, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple haha. I have had my nails designed for TFIOS, where they were all light blue and the middle finger and index finger had a cloud on that said "okay?" "Okay."
  • Options
    That's awsome!! Where did you do your NCS? I did it too this summer!!:D We went to Cumbria in the Lake Districts it was the best 3 weeks of my life ngl;)

OMG TFIOS. Girl I love them already!! I wanna get them done ngl! Thanks for the reply!:D
  • Options
    Charlee wrote: »
    That's awsome!! Where did you do your NCS? I did it too this summer!!:D We went to Cumbria in the Lake Districts it was the best 3 weeks of my life ngl;)

OMG TFIOS. Girl I love them already!! I wanna get them done ngl! Thanks for the reply!:D

I did mine in Tameside last year, and we went up to argyll.
    Yes!! :) haha I should have a picture, let me find it :)
    Haha, welcomes :)
  • Options
    0d35155ab8edcb3c0cd3166c88c05009.jpg

This is what I was planning on having my nails done like to watch the film.
  • Options
    Omgg I just made mine into tfios nails!!:D let me post a picture for you!!!
  • Options
    This is a while ago now but one of my friends does my nails every so often(they're my own nails not false). She's great at it

884a2ca692caa49a8bc777ad46fba249.jpg
  • Options
    holy shit Becki I've only just seen these! they're amazing and so so beautiful! well done to your friend :)
  • Options
    Do you know of any good nail varnish companies, as whenever I use nail varnish it always chips and pisses me off.
  • Options
    Barry M are quite good, I find it helps to put a coat of clear nail varnish on over the top too
  • Options
    Hey dude!
    It may not be the brand you're using! i've used pound shop nail varnish before! It may be worth you investing in some base coat and top coat nail varnish. I find it helps the nail varnish last longer :) hope it helps you!
  • Options
    I always put a bottom layer on and a top layer on but it always chips off.
    Hmm might try Barry M then :)