Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Present for my best friend

HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
Hi guys,

My best friend's birthday is in April, I know it seems ages away, however I wanted to make something special for her 18th.
I want to either make a photo album or a scrap book. I want to find all the pictures I've either taken of her or we have together or with our friends. I have just bought a black photo album that'll fit 200 pictures in. However I don't know whether I want to stick with it. I want it to look colourful and creative and not just plain old white.

Any ideas?

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Heya Hann :wave:

You could try a actual scrapbook, they sell them in most craft shops. Or you could decorate the photo album. Usually in photo albums they have the bits where you can write who is on the photo, underneath (sorry worst way of describing it) Hopefully you know what I mean. Also you could decorate the front of the photo album.

Hope this has helped :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Someone made me a scrap book once - it was a plain art pad and she made all of the pages really personal to me and our friendship, so on one page she included the sayings I was and have been obsessed with, another page was dedicated to my nephew so she stuck a picture of him and I in and then included quotes of things I've said about him, another page were pictures of her and I and she included a lovely general quote, she included a page dedicated to Miranda Hart because I absolutely obsess with her.

It really showed how much love and effort she put into the scrapbook and I really recommend you do something that's just as personal to you're friend because I know for a fact that she will absolutely adore it.
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Thanks for the replies :)
    Since I have bought the photo album, I might use it instead of wasting money, however I may be on a look out for scrapbooks when I go shopping :)