Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Plan Chrristmas Week

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It was Christmas evening,
On TheSite.org,
An old man said to me,
You better have a plan,
A plan for Christmas Day,
A plan for Christmas Eve,
A plan for every day,
You’ll get by if you have a plan.

The old man then went to a website where old men go while we were all amazed that old men could use the internet.

We knew he was right, because he must have seen it all in a life that stretched as far back as Christmas itself. So we planned every day. We thought about the cool things we would do, and the positive ways we would get through those moments when we weren’t in the mood for doing cool things. Then we shared them, right here.

What a fairytale!

Comments

• Options
    WayneS wrote: »

The old man then went to a website where old men go while we were all amazed that old men could use the internet.

Well that's a bit creepy...

I'm working Christmas eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, in a children's home. Worked there last year and it was lovely - making Christmas enjoyable for the children is the most important thing. If I've got time I'd like to help in a soup kitchen too.
  • Options
    Xmas eve will be preping stuff for the next day. Xmas day will be collecting MrRiot and little one to bring them back and spend the day together. Boxing Day might be spent with MrRiot's family but we haven't got that far. Playing it by ear seems to be the motto this year!
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    Well that's a bit creepy...

I'm working Christmas eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, in a children's home. Worked there last year and it was lovely - making Christmas enjoyable for the children is the most important thing. If I've got time I'd like to help in a soup kitchen too.

Don't worry, it was probably Age UK.

That's a great plan for Christmas. I imagine it will be lots of fun. Bring lots of joy to the children and in doing so you'll bring joy to yourself.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Essay, Revision, Shopping, Sleeping, Eating #StoryOfMyBreak
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Xmas eve will be preping stuff for the next day. Xmas day will be collecting MrRiot and little one to bring them back and spend the day together. Boxing Day might be spent with MrRiot's family but we haven't got that far. Playing it by ear seems to be the motto this year!
    It's definitely better to play Boxing Day by ear. Once we did that with Christmas Day. Thinking nobody would invite us round for Christmas, her who does the shopping went and bought a turkey and everything else we would need. Then on Chrristmas Eve no earlier, we got news that we were wanted at a relative's house. We had certainly had enough of turkey by the time the turkey we bought was eaten. You can never have enough pigs in blankets or Yorkshire puddings though.
  • Options
    Essay, Revision, Shopping, Sleeping, Eating #StoryOfMyBreak
    The exam isn't on Christmas Day so you can give the revision a break. What will you buy when you go shopping?
  • Options
    What a fairytale!

That is some fairytale!
  • Options
    Today: I was going to have the last bit of my surgery but they couldn't do it as my eyes apparently infected o_o
    Tuesday: I was going to attempt to go bristol and see abbie but shes on an early shift meaning the arsehole will be there too, so going for lunch instead
    Wednesday: Im going to try and get in contact with Nicoles social worker and see if i can ring nicole and wish her happy birthday,
    Thursday: ITSSSSSS CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAS. Get to see Sam smile as she realises what ive got her :D stuff my face with chicken nomnom
    Friday: I don't really have anything planned,
    Saturday: at 6am im getting a train upnorth.....
    Sunday: Im...still up north :P
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Working! And then sleeping.
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Today: crying and mourning. Watching Films and playing the sims 4
    Tuesday: probably see nana and cry some more...
    Wednesday: domino's for tea and christmas movies
    Thursday: Christmas! opening presents. probs cry as it's first christmas without grandad. Mums doing christmas dinner and nana is hopefully still coming round
    Friday: nothing planned yet
    Saturday: nothing planned yet
    Sunday: nothing planned yet
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Working Christmas Eve.

Christmas day just chilling and family time, boxing day, not too much. And then back in work the Monday after boxing day. I don't mind working to be honest, the children are excited and they make me happy :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Emmalee wrote: »
    Today: I was going to have the last bit of my surgery but they couldn't do it as my eyes apparently infected o_o
    Tuesday: I was going to attempt to go bristol and see abbie but shes on an early shift meaning the arsehole will be there too, so going for lunch instead
    Wednesday: Im going to try and get in contact with Nicoles social worker and see if i can ring nicole and wish her happy birthday,
    Thursday: ITSSSSSS CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAS. Get to see Sam smile as she realises what ive got her :D stuff my face with chicken nomnom
    Friday: I don't really have anything planned,
    Saturday: at 6am im getting a train upnorth.....
    Sunday: Im...still up north :P
    That's a good plan, involving contact with a load of people. The best thing about it though, is, you're coming up north!
  • Options
    Today: crying and mourning. Watching Films and playing the sims 4
    Tuesday: probably see nana and cry some more...
    Wednesday: domino's for tea and christmas movies
    Thursday: Christmas! opening presents. probs cry as it's first christmas without grandad. Mums doing christmas dinner and nana is hopefully still coming round
    Friday: nothing planned yet
    Saturday: nothing planned yet
    Sunday: nothing planned yet
    It's a difficult time when you've lost somebody. UWatching Christmas films is a good idea, and there are plenty on.Get your nana to watch Christmas films too. It might make her feel a bit better.
  • Options
    Working Christmas Eve.

Christmas day just chilling and family time, boxing day, not too much. And then back in work the Monday after boxing day. I don't mind working to be honest, the children are excited and they make me happy :heart:
    Working Christmas Eve is exciting if work means being with children who can't wait for Christmas.
  • Options
    meggles wrote: »
    spoilt rotten a lot recently by a lovely fella, went of a really expensive meal at a pub in the village. he brought a bottle of wine and we spent the afternoon sat by the fire in the pub playing snacks and ladders drinking wine.
    today we went to a spanish bar and just chilled out on the sofas
    tuesday, lazy day with films and Christmas wrapping needs doing
    wednesday, nothing much because my brother comes home in the evening for a couple days

thursday and friday....hectic family fun!
    I'm sure you'll find time to text your new bf when you're with your family. That sounds like a good plan.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Working Christmas Eve is exciting if work means being with children who can't wait for Christmas.

Very true :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    im going to be bored..... currently looking at doing nothing for Christmas! :O Then maybe at friends tomorrow
  • Options
    Happy christmas waynie and happy new year