Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do I play this

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really don't know how to play this but here goes....

Ive always liked this guy in work but never was sure he liked me. Always teased me but I've never done anything.

i was on my Xmas works do and after a couple of hrs way he was with me changed. When he went out for a fag after talking to me he kissed me on the head and put his arm round me.

then spent rest of night kissing and cuddling each other. He said he thought I was really cool and how pretty I was yet day after didn't hear anything from him.

i really like him but I don't want to b disappointed

Comments

• Options
    Maybe you give him some sign that you like him too? For all he knows maybe you just enjoying fooling around a bit and see him as someone casual you can get off with. I think it is unreasonable to expect him to take the plunge and give even more affection or have the "where do we stand?"-talk if you do not let him know that you are in fact very interested in him.
    Ive always liked this guy in work but never was sure he liked me.

Now apparently you do know that he likes you, yet he might be just as much in the dark as you were in the beginning.

I suggest if you want this to happen, then you start doing something for it. So put on your big girl pants, walk up to him and ask him if he is interested in going out with you. Dinner/drinks/whatever. Once you are comfortable into the evening bring up where you hope this is going with him and ask him if he sees it like you do.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Maybe you give him some sign that you like him too? For all he knows maybe you just enjoying fooling around a bit and see him as someone casual you can get off with. I think it is unreasonable to expect him to take the plunge and give even more affection or have the "where do we stand?"-talk if you do not let him know that you are in fact very interested in him.

Thing is he always teases me in work but how do I know it's jyst him being drunk ... Thing is I knew it was weird when he kissed my head before going out for a fag yet not sure he remembers what happened? Just thought I'd of heard from him

Now apparently you do know that he likes you, yet he might be just as much in the dark as you were in the beginning.

I suggest if you want this to happen, then you start doing something for it. So put on your big girl pants, walk up to him and ask him if he is interested in going out with you. Dinner/drinks/whatever. Once you are comfortable into the evening bring up where you hope this is going with him and ask him if he sees it like you do.

Thing is he always teases me in work but it was only certain point of night then all of sudden he kissed my head when going for a fag yet wasnt like that with the other women out that night but worried he don't remember either
  • Options
    Hi Haynow,

It seems like you're in a bit of an uncertain place right now. To ask him how he feels means you put yourself on the line and that can be a really scary thing to do. Do you think you could ask him if he wanted to hang out outside of work? Perhaps this could be with a bigger group of colleagues if you wanted to try and take some of the pressure off. This might give you another chance to see how is around you and, if you feel comfortable, you could ask him how he feels more directly?

You might find this article helpful, it's all about how to ask someone out and gives a few hints and tips and different strategies you may like to try.

Emily
  • Options
    Emily2TS wrote: »
    Hi Haynow,

It seems like you're in a bit of an uncertain place right now. To ask him how he feels means you put yourself on the line and that can be a really scary thing to do. Do you think you could ask him if he wanted to hang out outside of work? Perhaps this could be with a bigger group of colleagues if you wanted to try and take some of the pressure off. This might give you another chance to see how is around you and, if you feel comfortable, you could ask him how he feels more directly?

You might find this article helpful, it's all about how to ask someone out and gives a few hints and tips and different strategies you may like to try.

Emily

It's a big toughie as he was playing it cool till he came starting talking to me where he kissed me on the head etc.. Which I thought was weird if u just see someone r as a mate. Till we caught train home we spent the time kissing and cuddling so really don't know what to think as I do like him