Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Conflict and how to deal with it

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So us YN volunteers and some of you from the boards where in a great workshop tonight with Jo and Carey (from Leap) where I think we all learnt something new.

What is Conflict? To come into collision or disagreement; be contradictory, at variance, or in opposition; clash

What we wanted to know from all you lovely Site users is how do you deal with conflict? What are your conflict triggers? What can we learn from our conflict triggers?

I deal with conflict by being blunt, direct, honest, and sometimes aggressive. My triggers are when I can see others being treated unfairly! (Main one) I can learn to be able to approach these situations differently/avoid the situation in which it may cause conflict.

Be great to get your views on it and hear all your replies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Sounds like it was a great chat, I'm guessing there won't be a chat transcript for this, as people had to sign up before entering?!

I think I'm similar to you in how I deal with conflict, I will be headstrong at times, and be blunt and aggressive until I've managed to somehow get my point across. But it varies on who the conflict is with, in relation to me, I also often take a step back, brush it off my shoulder, and allow it to bug me, where I'll come up with all sorts of things I could have said in the moment later, I have a habit of dwelling of pointless stuff. And I doubt I'm not the only one that does that. I often struggle to find that middle line in-between the conflict, because I forget I need to take a step back.

Conflict triggers tend to be when someone disagree's with me, I know that sounds rather petty, but I'm someone whose really head strong, and will get my point across, and share reasons to to why I disagree with an individual, another one if when I'm in a mardy, and kinda just want to kick of on people close to me, etc. Again, I need to remember to take a step back,and really look at the situation to try and calm myself down, why am I causing this conflict, etc.

And I can learn from these conflict triggers, to know how those around me might be feeling, and be more considerate of those, avoid situations that may lead to conflict, for example, specific people, etc, and also look for a middle line in the conflict and looking at the whole situation rationally, rather than irrationally. I guess it's about noticing things, and taking it step by step.

Can't wait to hear other people's views on conflict though, get sharing guys :heart: And without doubt some of the things might cross over to other people's like mine has with Peapie, but yes, get sharing :heart: