Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Do you like helping others? We need your help over Christmas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

Christmas time can be a difficult time of year. Some of you may remember our shout out for Christmas Elves last year, well we're asking for your help again this year to keep the boards ticking over during Christmas and the New Year. It's a great chance to get more involved in the community and it may even be a welcome distraction for those of you that need it during this tricky time of year :yes:

What happens on the boards over Christmas?
There will be mods and staff from YouthNet checking in on the boards every single day of the Christmas break so it's business as usual as far as we're concerned. However, you will notice some new faces in the form of extra staff mods popping in and helping out :)

What can elves do to help?

15839895018_a8aea16467.jpg

Here are some idea for those of you that are up for helping out:
  • Joining a new community can be daunting and a little bit intimidating too. Elves look out for new users in chat and on the boards and make sure they get a warm welcome, helping them to settle in.
  • Ever had that feeling that no one has noticed your thread? Elves look out for threads that haven't had a reply and they have a go at responding if they can - it's not always about giving amazing advice but just letting someone know you've listened and offering a hug can be a great start and it bumps that thread back up to the top to help it get noticed.
  • Report spam!
  • Report posts where you think a mod needs to come and help out.
  • Start a new thread to keep people chatting over Christmas. Distraction can be great when Christmas at home is a bit of a chore.
  • Create your Christmas Avatar. If you've not done it already then now's the time!
  • Nominate posts you think are worthy of 'post of the month' using the nominate button. We'll put up our December poll at the beginning of Jan.

In early January the team will be looking at what you've been doing and who the most active elves have been. We'll be getting our extra staff mods to nominate some too.

There will be rewards available, which include having the chance to host your very own general chat, on the topic of your choice with the general chat mod of your choice! :hyper:

Christmas can be tough for some people, hopefully this way we will all be able to support and look out for each other :)

Who's in?

:christmas:

Comments

• HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I'm in! :)
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Can I take part in this too :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Can I take part in this too :)

yep ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm in :)
    Me too, as long as we can get the net up to MrRiot's new place ASAP!!
    If I wasn't going into hospital JUST before freakin' Christmas I would have totally been up for this - if I can get internet and i'm with it then i'll drop by to sprinkle some magic where possible :)
    im in! :christmas::christmas::christmas:

even if im not a fan of Christmas!
    rosebud wrote: »
    im in! :christmas::christmas::christmas:

even if im not a fan of Christmas!

Haha! Triple dancing bananas!! :D

Thanks for helping out everyone :)
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Haha! Triple dancing bananas!! :D

Thanks for helping out everyone :)
    I'm in love with the bananas you see! Also being ill seems to make you more hyper nd wacky than normal... not getting out much is my excuse!
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm not in, but ooh, I remember this last year, Claire won, I think?! - She hosted a chat? I can't remember, however, gosh knows how you would actually go about choosing a winner, you'll probably not choose users with off track rebellious user records, or user who have been great at offering support and all that m'larky, and go for someone who you think can handle the shizzle of hosting a chat, or whatever! You should let us users vote for who think should win. You've probably already decided on a winner.
    I now have no net at MrRiot's until the new year so I'm out...sorry guys!
    I'll pop in as much as I can ;) Always happy to help
    I'm not in, but ooh, I remember this last year, Claire won, I think?! - She hosted a chat? I can't remember, however, gosh knows how you would actually go about choosing a winner, you'll probably not choose users with off track rebellious user records, or user who have been great at offering support and all that m'larky, and go for someone who you think can handle the shizzle of hosting a chat, or whatever! You should let us users vote for who think should win. You've probably already decided on a winner.

Thanks to all of you that are signing up to help out :)

Whispers - just wanted to clarify that this request for extra helpers is open to everyone in the community. It sounds like you're feeling a little suspicious of it but I can assure you we'll pick out a winner in the New Year based on feedback from staff and volunteers and of course you guys can let us know if you've noticed someone who you think really deserves some recognition.

Whoever wins will get plenty of support with planning a fun chat of their choice! :D
    Who won this then, eh?! :p

#BringingAChristmasThreadBack #HowDareI
    I saw this and thought thesite are starting this very early

:lol:

You never know, The'siter mods might just be really eager!