Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Last Normal Week Before Christmas: What's your plan?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It is the last normal week before Christmas. Here, the children are still at school. The TV schedules are normal too. Is it a normal week for you?

What do you plan to do in the last full week before Christmas? Have you done all your Christmas shopping, or is there more to do? Are you going to be traveling anywhere? If so, how will you pass the time on your journ ey?

This can be a stressful time, but it can also be a more positive time. Share your positive plans and tips for the last week before Christmas right here.

Comments

• Options
    Still have xmas shopping left to do for MrRiot as he's scuppered my plan for what to make for/get him and some for Riot ma too. I'm struggling to pack up MrRiot's flat as he's having to move next weekend and hasn't got much opportunity to do it himself (but he's got friends helping do all of the difficult packing, I'm just sorting clothes and bedding and getting rid of stuff right now). Got a follow up appointment day at hospital on Thursday and I need to finish my uni application and see if I can get than sent off as well. Oh and not tear off riot ma's head off this week too...already had a tiff over the phone and it's not even midday :(

Roll on xmas!!
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Monday, been over at friends flat, and helping her pack, and going to meet with her later to do some baking :p
    Tuesday, I need to start this bloomin essay and get my head down, and start sorting revision out.
    Wednesday, Pack! Pack to go home for Christmas also have meeting with wellbeing officer!
    Thursday, going homeee, spending time with baba!

And the rest of the week is a mystery to me!
  • Options
    um, I've not even started Christmas shopping...

er:
    Wednesday - busking
    Thursday / Friday - London
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Still have xmas shopping left to do for MrRiot as he's scuppered my plan for what to make for/get him and some for Riot ma too. I'm struggling to pack up MrRiot's flat as he's having to move next weekend and hasn't got much opportunity to do it himself (but he's got friends helping do all of the difficult packing, I'm just sorting clothes and bedding and getting rid of stuff right now). Got a follow up appointment day at hospital on Thursday and I need to finish my uni application and see if I can get than sent off as well. Oh and not tear off riot ma's head off this week too...already had a tiff over the phone and it's not even midday :(

Roll on xmas!!

Wow you're so busy. What a time for Mr Riot to be moving house. The Christtmas shopping may have to wait until the last shopping day.

Limiting your interactions with Riot Ma will give her fewer opportunities to argue.

Find some time to chill.
  • Options
    Monday, been over at friends flat, and helping her pack, and going to meet with her later to do some baking :p
    Tuesday, I need to start this bloomin essay and get my head down, and start sorting revision out.
    Wednesday, Pack! Pack to go home for Christmas also have meeting with wellbeing officer!
    Thursday, going homeee, spending time with baba!

And the rest of the week is a mystery to me!
    It's a week of two halves. Enjoy the baking. Bake something beautiful and Christmasy
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    um, I've not even started Christmas shopping...

er:
    Wednesday - busking
    Thursday / Friday - London
    That is a clever plan. Your busking may earn you a fortune for spending on Christmas when you're in London, the city where chocolate bourbons cost a billion pounds and everything else costs more.
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Monday (a.k.a today) - Work Placement, take down old Christmas tree, put up new one, probs play a bit of The Sims 4
    Tuesday - Work placement, decorate Nana's Christmas tree, probs play a bit of The Sims 4
    Wednesday - Work placement, Homework, probs play a bit of The Sims 4
    Thursday - Work placement, Homework, probs play a bit of The Sims 4
    Friday - Work placement, CHILL TIME, probs play a bit of The Sims 4
    haha
  • Options
    Monday (a.k.a today) - Work Placement, take down old Christmas tree, put up new one, probs play a bit of The Sims 4
    Tuesday - Work placement, decorate Nana's Christmas tree, probs play a bit of The Sims 4
    Wednesday - Work placement, Homework, probs play a bit of The Sims 4
    Thursday - Work placement, Homework, probs play a bit of The Sims 4
    Friday - Work placement, CHILL TIME, probs play a bit of The Sims 4
    haha
    There may never be a day when you don't play the sims.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Working, gymming, driving, eating, sleeping, knitting and more!