Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Christmas tree competition

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
cardboard-christmas-tree_DWIj2_69.jpg

Hey lovelies.

As Christmas is fast approaching it seems like the perfect time for a Christmas tree photo competition :hyper:

I spend quite a while helping to decorate our tree, I wonder if you guys are all the same? So I thought it would be fun to share some pics!

Here is a fun fact, did you know that in Victorian times, they used to put real candles on Christmas trees :eek: Glad we've moved on from those fire-hazard days!

So... upload a pic of your Christmas tree, and then on the 3rd January we will choose a winner out of a hat and the winner will get space for a extra 25 PMs

Sharing is caring :heart:
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and the winner will get space for a extra 25 PMs

Haaaaaaaaaaa.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Haaaaaaaaaaa.

Huh?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    When you have 1000, who needs 25 extra ;)
    Ahh I understand. I thought I said something wrong in my thread.
    I'm being a bah humbug and not bothering with a tree this year, too much effort! *posts a tree for 2015*
    Here is a fun fact, did you know that in Victorian times, they used to put real candles on Christmas trees :eek: Glad we've moved on from those fire-hazard days!

Yes! Could you imagine that now :eek: I'm someone that would try it though just to see but would probably end up burning house down straight away!

I shall post a pic at some point - love decorating :)
    Yes! Could you imagine that now :eek: I'm someone that would try it though just to see but would probably end up burning house down straight away!

I shall post a pic at some point - love decorating :)

Looking forward to seeing the pic butterfly
    meggles wrote: »
    6e882c61a4d8b3f1ca79a1ca2fbdf934.jpg

The kids decorated the tree this year. It looks so tacky

Aw thank you for sharing meggles
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Aw looks good lovely, thanks for sharing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    http://i.imgur.com/TMqjuLM.jpg?2

You can't see the ornament candy canes because of colours and lighting :(
  • PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    meggles wrote: »
    6e882c61a4d8b3f1ca79a1ca2fbdf934.jpg

The kids decorated the tree this year. It looks so tacky

Love this tree its soooo tall, the kids have fantastic taste!! Also, I love how cosy you and your pup look :)
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Here's my entry, just finished it now :D
    New tree and new tinsel :D

Attachment not found.
    http://i.imgur.com/TMqjuLM.jpg?2

You can't see the ornament candy canes because of colours and lighting :(

It's pretty :heart:
    Here's my entry, just finished it now :D
    New tree and new tinsel :D

Attachment not found.

Aw that's super cute :)
    Loving all the Christmas trees so far guys. Thank you for sharing them :thumb:
    Okay so we don't have a tree this year so here is my tree which has been in my room.... ta da! ;)
    rosebud wrote: »
    Okay so we don't have a tree this year so here is my tree which has been in my room.... ta da! ;)
    Very cute lovely :):heart:
    Much better than my attempt at a tree drawing at work for the children haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My treee!

Okay so this is our tree!:) we do have a colour co-ordination yes... We have silver, purple and pink! But with the exceptions of special ones which have been made for us by my grandma! And bought by people :)Attachment not found.
    Charlee wrote: »
    Okay so this is our tree!:) we do have a colour co-ordination yes... We have silver, purple and pink! But with the exceptions of special ones which have been made for us by my grandma! And bought by people :)Attachment not found.

Aw thank you for sharing Charlee, I love the decs. They look really pretty. :heart:
    Okay, so this isn't actually my tree, but its the one in the main house. We have a Christmas competition between the houses (this years theme was Disney which I was super excited about)

2ae5066ddc99f626c5a3c7b6859e0989.jpg
    You can just about see the tree haha
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Okay, so this isn't actually my tree, but its the one in the main house. We have a Christmas competition between the houses (this years theme was Disney which I was super excited about)

2ae5066ddc99f626c5a3c7b6859e0989.jpg
    You can just about see the tree haha

Aw becki, that looks awesome :heart:
    :)
    Heya :wave:

I loved looking at the Christmas trees. I will be picking a winner out of a hat on the 3rd of January.

Thank you for sharing all the pictures :heart:
    And the winner is

*drum roll*

Meggles

Congratulations Meggles, and also thank you to everyone else for taking part :heart:

Meggles, contact James to organise your prize :thumb: