Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Support chat tonight (Wednesday 10th 8-10pm)

LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
Hi everyone,
Support chat will be open with me in the next 5minutes (my computer is just being slow :))

You can join in here: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

LauraO

Comments

• Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    We are open!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lauraaaa

Funny ur doing chat was thinking off u :/
  • Options
    meggles wrote: »
    thanks for fuck all laura.

Thanks for ruining chat again for us all Megs..

You did a great Job Laura <3
  • Options
    Do you not see how much distruption you're causing? The fact a few people left because you're making them feel unwanted. You. Not me. Not laura..Not anyone else, It takes one person to start an argument, and you did that by threatening charlee, I think you need to sit down and think if you're in the right frame to come into chat, Im not telling you to come into chat as I basically couldn't careless if you're in or out. theres 10ish other people for me to be bothered about..

but accusing laura and others of ignoring you when you get everyone statention every single time isn't fair....
    When i said i wanted chat to go back to last year, is because I miss mods like Piccolo and Fiend, and you don't realise that you jump t conclusions

I know this is oging to be deleted, and I'll get a PM. i dont care.
  • Options
    Same old chat 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Thanks for chat Laura :)

Haha Soph never it's changed now you ain't here 😬 haha next joke!

• Options
    Changed into arguments and not entertainment by the looks of it :P

• Options
    Never anyone's fault when your life falls apart you just have to get back up and put the pieces back together can't blame that on anyone else :)

• Options
    My lifes not falling apart. I'm on track for where i should be in life actually...
  • Options
    Hey hey hey...now lets call it a day now yeah? Please? If not for your own sake, for the sake of others.

Firstly, I REALLY do not like reading comments having a dig at staff. It really aggrivates me as I know how bloody hard these people work. What we have here at TheSite is something extremely special. Staff go above and beyond to make Chat and TheSite etc etc work for OUR sake, not theirs, OURS!! They give their days, evenings, nights to run chat, for US!! They do silly things like running in Santa costumes in order to raise money for YouthNet so they can provide services to help US. (I see a trend here ;)) In order for them to help us, we need to help them!!!! It's really NOT much to ask is it, let's be honest? For all they do for us, all they ask in return is that we adhere to rules/guidelines/agreements/ I think that's more than fair. We ask for more chats etc and it's provided, but why should staff give up more time to run more chats for them to be taken up by arguements, bitching and nastiness? Doesn't seem fair.

I really don't think it's appropriate to carry on arguements outside of chat. When we enter chat, we are agreeing to chat rules, and they go for here too. If you need a gentle reminder of these then please do read the "sticky posts" on this thread here http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php/146-Start-Here

I for one do not want to be reading through unnecessary arguements on here, and I know for sure that new members won't either - it doesn't give off a great impression really, does it? Think back to when you first joined, would you have appreciated reading these kind of posts or being in a chat full of arguements and in all honesty, constant bitching and unkind remarks? I know I wouldn't and it's really off putting. This post is not about me at all, but I do want to say that it's really not fun to be around, and chat should be a place where people can escape from, to put it bluntly, utter crap that life throws at us like arguements, bitchiness, bullying etc etc. So how about we pull together, as we should be as an online community, and make things better from now on? A bit more Peer - Peer support hey? I know you're all amazing at supporting each other from time to time, you give great advice and help to each other with a bit of banter in between - it's much much nicer!!

I totally get that we all have our off days and that's okay!! Just please try to be considerate to others around you and also kind to yourself. If you're not in the right frame of mind for chat, that's okay, take a break, chat isn't going anywhere and you're not missing out on anything! (Although if things carry on at the rate they're going, we'll be very flippin' lucky if chat doesn't go anywhere!)

There's things you can do to help yourself and others:

- Take breaks
    - Deep breaths to calm down
    - use your block button (without making a fuss about it!)
    - Any issues outside of chat (or inside chat) should be discussed with a mod (Helen, Jo or James) via PM and NOT in chat as this just causes more tension and takes up support time
    - Just behave!! New members of chat are not aware of how things work, make them welcome and break them in gently - please!?
    - Use General Chat if you're not in the right frame of mind for Support Chat

Remember tomorrow is a new day - it's what you make of it!! Give the staff a bit of credit please, you really don't have a clue how hard they work in order to benefit us Young People.

That's my rant over, I'd just really appreciate it if we could all keep it cool, not everyone is going to get on with everyone and I get that, but it's how you go about things that makes the difference - make it a positive one!!

Big hugs all round and enjoy the rest of the week :) :hug:
  • Options
    Rach, you're amazing :)
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Looks like things got a bit heated in chat and spilled over into this thread.

I'm sorry to hear that chat wasn't the most supportive place at times.

But, it's worth remembering that playing the blame game won't help things get better. To make it better, everyone needs to take responsibility for their own behaviour; be the change you want to see.

As mods, we do all we can to make chat a safe, supportive space. We have guidelines and enforce them when we feel they are being broken.

Ultimately though, we can't (and wouldn't want to) control you guys, what you say or how you say it.

Chat is your space.

Lots of you who come to chat give out amazing support. The time, energy and kindness that lots of you dedicate to helping each other is an inspiration and the very reason we run chat :) We're here to help, but it's down to everyone to make it the best it can be, every time.

So with that in mind, it's worth re-reading what Rach so brilliantly said:

*rach* wrote: »
    I totally get that we all have our off days and that's okay!! Just please try to be considerate to others around you and also kind to yourself. If you're not in the right frame of mind for chat, that's okay, take a break, chat isn't going anywhere and you're not missing out on anything!

There's things you can do to help yourself and others:

- Take breaks
    - Deep breaths to calm down
    - use your block button (without making a fuss about it!)
    - Any issues outside of chat (or inside chat) should be discussed with a mod (Helen, Jo or James) via PM and NOT in chat as this just causes more tension and takes up support time
    - Just behave!! New members of chat are not aware of how things work, make them welcome and break them in gently - please!?
    - Use General Chat if you're not in the right frame of mind for Support Chat

Remember tomorrow is a new day - it's what you make of it!!

I'm going to close this thread now, but I hope that all makes sense :)
This discussion has been closed.