Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Encouraging more males into the voluntary and charity sector

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any ideas how to do the above, particularly concerning mental health, welfare etc?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Hi Ybe7,

I think this is a really good question, but a tricky one to answer!

What is your aim to involve more men in these areas? Is it just to get more men thinking and talking about these issues more openly, or are you interested in increasing participation of men in voluntary projects or working in the charity sector?

We're running a young mens group here at YouthNet in the new year that will look at some of these issues, particularly around young men seeking support - so it's something that we'll learn a lot more about in the new year.

For me, it was just doing something so that I wasn't bored when I was unemployed and it sort of rolled on from there. What's your interest in the area?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've always been quite involved with various voluntary organisations and I'm just a bit disappointed by the lack of males in the sector so trying to think of ways to encourage more males to take interest in this area. Volunteerings just always been an enjoyable activity for me, meeting new people, helping people and the satisfaction you gain from it as well as personal development.