Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bad thoughts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

So recently I've been having bad thoughts an outing stabbing myself they aren't the voices which scares me a little but the voices have start to join in and going on about stabbing myself.

I don't know what to do? I've told my CPN and therapist but they just seem to be like 'ok' I don't know what to do in scared I'll act on them....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• Options
    Hi :)

Are you experiencing more stress than normal at the moment? Stress can have a real impact on voices and intrusive thoughts, as well as causing hyper-vigilance. Do you find that certain times of the day or night are worse?

Would it be possible to keep a note of when you are having these bad thoughts and what the build up has been? Maybe showing that to your CPN or therapist will force them to take you more seriously. Alternatively how would you feel about approaching your GP?

I hope things ease for you soon *hug*
  • Options
    Hi Ella

Thanks for the reply. No more stress than normal other than CPN is off for a few days! But I have a therapist I can contact but no one seems to be getting back to me :(

Yeh that's my plan to keep a record and take it from there :)

Thank you

• Options
    Hey Liz,

I don't have any helpful advice to offer - I just wanted to drop in and check how you're getting on? I do hope you're okay lovely *hug*
  • Options
    Hi

Thanks, I'm ok still struggling no ones even bothered to follow up CPN back tomorrow probs get a lecture off her and have to explain everything all over again. Just wish they'd listen when I say I need PRN meds but coz of my history they won't give me any so I'm stuffed with voices and thoughts getting the better of me.

Thanks for asking butterfly :)

• Options
    I'm sorry that it feels as though you're not getting the right help that you deserve *hug*

In the shorter term - do you have any friends close that you could go and stay with for a bit so you'd be a little safer?
  • Options
    I'll be alrighty Nar haven't anyone nearby anyway sure I'll be ok have to be :)

• Options
    In for a bad night don't even know how I feel anymore voices just take over telling me to kill myself everyone hates me and now I have thoughts to add to it about stabbing myself never seems to stop its one thing after another

I can't deal with this much longer

• Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi Liz

I'm sorry that you're struggling so much at the moment, how was your night in the end?

Are you getting good support around hearing voices? There are quite a few approaches, and sometimes if one's not working it's worth trying something else too.
  • Options
    Hi Danny

Yeh wasn't too bad managed to sleep which is a good thing still knackered everyone kept ringing this morning! Finally some follow up but was half asleep so didn't feel like talking seeing CPN tomorrow after therapy in for a telling off or a lecture no doubt but will see how things go, she's good through and I get on with her which is the main thing for me :)

Thanks for the reply :)