Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Autism, Hyperacusis, Panic Attacks, etc

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hyperacusis is where my hearing is really sensitive. This also means I have issues with more than one noise at once. I can't sit and comfortably listen to a few voices at once, for example.

I was in London on Wednesday and Thursday. Last week, I asked my friend if he was going to a music group on Wednesday and if so, could he please take me. (I have no idea where it is and I have no sense of direction)

He eventually agreed, after saying he wasn't sure because he would be out on Tuesday and he'd be out again on Thursday.

So anyway, we met up and he took me to the group he attends. I spent the whole evening constantly wanting to throw up and generally not feeling well. I've not felt well physically for some 15 months now and wanting to throw up is, for want of a better word, normal for me. But this time, it felt different. I can't explain how though.

I was going to ask if he could take me back the station more than once that evening. But didn't want to make it an issue and instead tried to get through it.

I had to leave a local group for similar reasons. I now attend a group some 30 miles away and have had no such issues and settled in really well there.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Melian :wave:

The hearing problems that you have must be hard especially if there is loads of people are talking around you, do you get help with this?

You did really well at the music group on Wednesday to get through it even though you were really struggling it just shows the strength you have. It's interesting on how distance seems to be an issue when it come to your anxiety and how you coped better at a group further away. Do you see someone about your anxiety? It may help to talk to a profession about it or to your doctor.

Well done for getting through it as it is hard to deal with anxiety *hug*

purple_rain