Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Positive thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys :wave:

I've just started my positive book and I got an idea for a thread. Positive thread!! So I'll be asking a different question each day to try and think of the positives in life :) The first one is......

What one person/object could you not live with out?

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    This thread is such a cool idea :heart:

I couldn't live without my Mum, even though we sometimes argue and may not always get along, she is the one person who I know will always have my back, and she supports everything I do, and she tells me all the time she is proud of everything I overcome from being so poorly when I was little and growing up.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    This thread is such a cool idea :heart:

I couldn't live without my Mum, even though we sometimes argue and may not always get along, she is the one person who I know will always have my back, and she supports everything I do, and she tells me all the time she is proud of everything I overcome from being so poorly when I was little and growing up.
    Aww so sweet!
  • Options
    One person is really hard! Because I love to say a friend who has done so much for me over this last year. (helped organise a gig for me, helped some sort stuff out with RNIB, etc) But then I'd also say my parents.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    One person is really hard! Because I love to say a friend who has done so much for me over this last year. (helped organise a gig for me, helped some sort stuff out with RNIB, etc) But then I'd also say my parents.
    Feel free to say more then one if you want to :) I just didn't want to ask people to say more then one person in case they felt the only had one :)
  • Options
    I've put more then one important person in my positive book. Here's mine!! 0ed0ccc4b7b65ac120be8ebd14b6da55.jpg645283ad4178c3b0049d2739fcb86885.jpg
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I :heart: those pages Becki

Can I just say that you are also an awesome person I think my life would be very boring without you in it, you have brightened up my days and cheered me up even when I haven't even wanted to get out of bed just by a simple conversation with you. You are very special to me and I see our friendship lasting a very long time. I will always be 'Narna to you. I can't thank you enough for the things you have to put up with having me as your friend, it means so much to me though lovely.

Love you
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Aww you're too nice :) thank you
  • Options
    Sorry I didn't post a question yesterday guys, I got caught up with stuff. Here's one for you now....

What's your top 3 things on your bucket list?
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't post a question yesterday guys, I got caught up with stuff. Here's one for you now....

- run the London Marathon (I have a place for next year)
    - visit family in Malta (planning on doing this in 2016)

Can't think of a third one yet.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    - run the London Marathon (I have a place for next year)

Wow that's awesome! Good luck :)
  • Options
    Wow that's awesome! Good luck :)

Thank you :) Due to health and other issues, it may well be 2016.
  • Options

I love the fact you posted this at 01.23 ;)

3 things on my bucket list: (maybe not in order of priority etc)

- run half a marathon
    - raise lots of money for charities close to my heart
    - travel lots of places including canada, new orleans & australia where I have family

Thanks for the questions Becki!! :thumb:
  • Options
    What one person/object could you not live with out?

I couldn't live without...

my meds ;) (i'd literally die without some of them aha!)

on a more serious note...

I couldn't live without my youth worker (who I volunteer for) at the moment - she's an inspiration and sure does keep me going :)
  • Options
    *rach* wrote: »
    I love the fact you posted this at 01.23 ;)

Haha I didn't notice this :) Good one Rach
  • Options
    So... Next question

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
  • Options
    If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

The other questions are too difficult for me to answer so I'm just going to start from this one!

London. It became my favourite place when I went there to get away once - I think everything about it is so beautiful and it's such a homely place. It's safe, it's calming and it's entirely amazing. :heart:
  • Options
    I would go to some remote tribe deep into the forest to share with them their lifestyle....
  • Options

London. It became my favourite place when I went there to get away once - I think everything about it is so beautiful and it's such a homely place. It's safe, it's calming and it's entirely amazing. :heart:

Same for me.

If we're talking about going abroad - Malta. I'm not one who enjoys hot weather; but I've got family over there and would love to go and see them, which should be happening in 2016. :)
  • Options
    Abroad: Malta

Melian, in Malta weather is not always that hot. Specially in Springtime storms are very common and heavy rain is commonplace, odd it can sound :blush:
  • Options
    Yeah. I remember reading that it's much cooler around February, which is when I plan to go. :)
  • Options
    Sorry, been really rubbish at keeping up with this thread. But back to my usual routine now so hopefully will get back to it.

So, add a picture of something that makes you happy. Can either be a photo you've taken or something from the internet :)
  • Options
    This is the photo that makes me happy. It's my Nan before she got super ill. It always makes me smile when I see it :)

bc0237a0f857527e3bf9ae580c5496e9.jpg