Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Appreciation of pets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not sure about you but sometimes, I find having a pet quite therapeutic? I might sound mad but when I lived with my parents we had a dog and I used to speak to her about everything. It was great because I could tell her anything I wanted and I knew it wouldn't go any further.

Now, the house has got a hamster (after a lot of discussion and risk assessment) but I think its great because the kids (and me) go into the side room and just have half an hour with him. I've had my half an hour counselling session with him today lol

So here he is 49e84df8ad520c614b2f6c20391b574f.jpg

Do you have any pets? Do you do the same as me or am I the only one lol

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I find pets good for MH when I had my hamsters they were a comfort to me, when they didn't bite my fingers. Although now I have my fish, I know it's not comfort as such but sometimes when I feel a bit down, I will clean their tank out and watch them swim about, it makes me smile. :)
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think for me, my dog is a great help. With my anxiety and depression, I tend to find it difficult to leave my house And before we got the dog, I wouldn't leave the house unless I absolutely had to. So having my dog has got me out of the house a lot more and made me stop isolating myself as much