Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

not what i expected

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys.
i am very new to all this forum stuff but after recent things that have happened i feel that discussing it on a forum with real people was a good aproach, for the last couple of months my general mood has depleted rapidly to the point where i emotionally cant leave my house for work, This story of how this happened is long and happened over the course of a year so here goes.
In school i had my career figured out i was going to become a maths teachr i got an A in maths and IT and a B in business and a C in science and english so i wasnt too badly academically challenged my confidence was low but i could handle it, from year 9 onwards i had a passion for cooking , i loved cooking i liked everything about it nearing the end of year 11

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's great that your opening up and telling us your story :)
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Welcome Brokensushi, please do keep talking to us, we'd love to help if we can.
    Hey there :wave:

Welcome to TheSite, it’s such a good space for discussing anything that might be bothering you, and I’m pleased you are finding it useful. There’s lots of support our there for you – you don’t have to go through things alone. *hug*

Im sorry to hear that your mood has gotten very low lately, it sounds like some things might have happened to you while you were in school that could have had an effect on you? Would you like to tell us a little more about what happened?
    Hiya!!

Did you finish your thread or has it been cut short? I don't know why but I feel like the ending's missing? Maybe i'm wrong?! Nevertheless...

Welcome to TheSite - if you want to have a look around then this place is a good place to start!! Feel free to have a browse around - we're all very friendly here :yes:

Your thread is titled "not what I expected" - do you want to talk about what it is you're referring to as unexpected? It's always tricky when something isn't how you expected it to be. The unexpected sure can leave us feeling a little lost I feel.

It's really difficult when our moods drop quite rapidly - it means we have to cope with things at a rather fast pace which sure is difficult but as the others have said - you're defo not alone with things and it's really great that you've been able to post here. It would be great for us to get to know a bit more about what is going on for you at the moment if you feel able to open up a little more? At your own pace, as and when you feel able?

You mentioned not being able to leave the house for work at the moment - can I ask what you're managing to do with your days instead? Are work being supportive for you and handling the situation okay?

You also mentioned that you 'had' your career set out - this makes me wonder where you are at in terms of your career path? You say you're working - is this a job that you're enjoying? You did great at school and you should be proud of your achievements for sure!! It's never too late to achieve your dreams - honest!!

Keep in touch :) *hug*