Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Party food??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got my birthday party on Saturday and I cannot figure out what to do about party food. I'd love to have loads of themed food but I don't have the time to make very much, but I'm really not a fan of normal party food (plus I need to cater for a friend who has a lactose allergy and my ultra fussy boyfriend). I've been looking at frozen party food and getting really annoyed with the selection of stuff. I thought about doing some bangers in baguettes with sauerkraut and dips and chips and some sweet stuff but I know that MrRiot won't eat sausages because he doesn't eat pork. I thought about seeing if I can get any potato pancakes from a polish shop, maybe...any other ideas?? I'm getting really panicky for some reason!!

Comments

• Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hey MissRiot, I like food questions :)

Sorry you're panicking :(

I like the hot dog idea - you could get chicken, beef (my favourite) or vegetarian (Cauldron are particularly good) sausage as an alternative?

Potato pancakes would also be good, maybe with cream cheese and smoked salmon (if you can find some affordable), or mushrooms?

Depending what kind of shops you have nearby, a middle Eastern theme could work well - flat breads with dips (houmous, baba ghanoush , tzatziki), falafel, dolmades ...

Or Mexican style with a pile of tortillas and a range of toppings (some or all of beef/chicken/pork/fish/mushrooms, cheese, chillies, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, beans, coriander) so people can make their own?
  • Options
    I'm not sure he'll eat chicken ones either tbh!! There's loads of polish delis here so I'll go and have a look but I might just get some baklava from the Turkish shop now you've reminded me!
  • Options
    Friends in the past generally order a platter from somewhere like Subway and ask people to pay a tenner each or whatever.
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    How did it go?
  • Options
    We had too much food but it went great, I just wished people had stayed longer that's all!