Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

small claims court

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
does anyone know the answer to this questions???
I was divorced this year and have my decree absolute :blush: last week my ex sent me a summons from the small claims court looking for reimbursement of a couple of hundred pounds for admin charges to the estate agent who sold our house. he seemed to have overlooked these expenses during the financial settlement. I had paid my half of the estate agents final bill and was unaware of these sundry charges. As far as I was aware and looking at my decree absolute we have made full and final financial settlement on each other and I think its very unlikely that he can at this stage start to claim for a bill which is four years old. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    SarahRSarahR Posts: 213 Trailblazer
    Hi Puddings

It sounds stressful to have received this court summons for money you are not sure you owe. It might be worth getting in touch with your local Citizens Advice Bureau as they can offer support with legal matters. They also have a free online advice guide available here.

TheSite also offers a local advice finder, where you can search for organisations offering legal advice in your area.

I hope this is helpful :)