Home Home, Law & Money
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

small claims court

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone know the answer to this questions???
I was divorced this year and have my decree absolute :blush: last week my ex sent me a summons from the small claims court looking for reimbursement of a couple of hundred pounds for admin charges to the estate agent who sold our house. he seemed to have overlooked these expenses during the financial settlement. I had paid my half of the estate agents final bill and was unaware of these sundry charges. As far as I was aware and looking at my decree absolute we have made full and final financial settlement on each other and I think its very unlikely that he can at this stage start to claim for a bill which is four years old. What do you think?


  • SarahRSarahR Mod Posts: 213 Settling in
    Hi Puddings

    It sounds stressful to have received this court summons for money you are not sure you owe. It might be worth getting in touch with your local Citizens Advice Bureau as they can offer support with legal matters. They also have a free online advice guide available here.

    TheSite also offers a local advice finder, where you can search for organisations offering legal advice in your area.

    I hope this is helpful :)
Sign In or Register to comment.