Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Too sappy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm stuck in a hospital bed wishing I was tucked up in bed watching MrRiot sleep as I often do when I can't sleep myself, so I wrote a poem about how that makes me feel and how much I love him. Thought I'd share it, not too sure if it is too sappy or if it's shareable or not but here it is-

I lay here watching your body flow with the a rhythm that is ever changing, but is yours alone
one you were born with and shall be your last parting gift from this world
Inflating balloons of dreams, screams, shouts and song, rising and falling like waves lapping at the shore

I see beyond this corporal structure that is you yet provides a vehicle for the part of you that is ever lasting.*
I see the light around you, in you, that is both a part of you and the sum of you
That beautiful soft glimmer that holds hope in the darkest nights*
The candle which guides me back to your warm arms and soothes years of anger, hate, vulnerability and insecurity.*
The place which has no visible features yet it will remain my lighthouse in stormy seas
the place I always come back to that eases my pain, that allows me to take a deep breath of relief
With my head on your chest, I have come home to not just my soul mate but my soul friend, the one who I know will never judge me harshly, who brings smiles to teary eyes and makes me feel safe in myself and protected in the wider world.*

I love you, your body, your soul, every deeply hidden depth and every surface plain to see.*
I love you for what you make of yourself and the person you have shown a light to in myself.*

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is such a lovely poem! Have you ever written poems like this before about him? If so, have you ever read them?

Also, if you enjoy writing poems, take a look at my poetry thread and share some of yours. Would love to read them
    I've written poetry since i was 11 so I have over 15 years of the stuff in boxes under my bed and on my hard drive and on drop box and stuff. I'd love to have some of it published some day - something on my bucket list. I haven't read many too him, I feel a bit self conscious reading them to him, but if I was at an open mic night I think I would be fine about it.

I shall add some to your thread! :)
    Aww its so nice to see someone with an interest in poetry 😊 And it sounds like your awesome at writing it too!
    If you couldn't read it to him do you reckon you could give it to him to read. I think he'd really like this one because its super sweet