Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Quitting without another job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Without giving any details about my situation at the moment, this is just a general question.

What is your opinion on those who quit their job without another one to go to? This could be for any reason including travelling etc

I know that everyones situation is different but I'd just like a general idea atm

Comments

• Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi Lexi. I'm afraid I agree with WhoWhere mainly; leaving with nowhere to go (i mean not studying/travelling as well, not necessarily another job) is a dangerous move as it leaves you with gaps on your CV, potentially a basic or no reference and no salary. Remember, you can't apply for JSA straight away unless you can prove you were forced to quit. Much of this is re-enforced in some advice on this page: How to resign.

Generally, it is better to try to make the most of your situation whilst you decide/find what you want to move on to.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks guys, well this thread is kind of redundant now because Im not going to quit without another job. Ive been having major stress recently and everything just got on top me. Ive realised thought that I have to my make my life how i want it to be and I feel better now i have a plan
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Great to hear Lexi :)