Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can't contact my counsellor.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been seeing a counsellor for a couple of months and its been going well, we have a good rapport and I feel like we're making progress. The last session, which was about 3 weeks ago, was quite heavy and I got more upset than I usually would (I don't really get emotional in front of people so it felt like quite a big deal). Anyway, my mind was a bit all over the place at the end of the session so instead of booking another appointment there and then as usual I said I'd just text him. Anyway - I texted him a few days later to try and arrange another appointment and got nothing back so I waited about a week and texted him again and again got nothing back.

I don't really know what to do now, I don't want to be petulant, particularly if he's unwell or perhaps he's having some sort of family crisis. However I feel like it would be wrong to just leave it. Like, is he never going to contact me again? Even just to let me know he can't counsel me anymore. Just feeling very confused, worried its something I've done. Should I try and contact him again?

Comments

• Options
    Is he part of an agency or a service?Or is he a private one?This answer may enable me to try to advise in any way i can.
  • Options
    Have I phone where he works or office where u got him in the forst place and ask about it