Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Moving

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My landlord wants me out because he can't handle the fact I have a Mental Health problem so he's decided he's kicking me out, and tbh with everything going on here i'm quiet happy to move out. But I have nowhere to go really. No housing organisation will take me, I was meant to be moving into another flat, with a housing association but a week before i was due to move i was sectioned and now they won't allow me to move into their services. I've been assessed by every other available place and non will pick me up, based on things like, Age, risk and support.

So i was speaking to the girlfriend who lives in Worcester, about moving to be closer to her, her mum has suggested if i needed somewhere to stay i can live with her, However, their house is rather small, She shares a room with her sister so there's not much space and we're both often fighting for room on the bed (I always win ;) ) So, it'd be okay for a temporary arrangement, but i don't want what happened when I moved to Bristol to happen again...

I'd love to live in worcester, fresh start and everything...but there's just the fact that...I 'wouldn't' have any local connections and I don't think i can do what I did last time...with the council, as i doubt they'd believe it a second time..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you have a CPN or support worker who can help you?
    CPN is discharging me because I'm apparently refusing to go to psychotherapy (I'm not. Just refusing to see the man, I said if i changed people i'd happily go back).
    My support worker is attached to the service I'm in, so if i move out or get kicked out..I loose her, she's doing her best to get me into other housing, but she told me yesterday that the assessment I've got coming up next week is my only option left available..
    Is it worth going the a session with the psychotherapist and telling him you feel you need to see a woman. Might that help? Have you spoken to shelter?
    I told him i would rather see a woman, He asked me what makes me feel uncomfortable talking to him and we spent a whole hour of just me saying everything..

I'm going to be moving to worcester by the end of the month
    Emmalee wrote: »
    I told him i would rather see a woman, He asked me what makes me feel uncomfortable talking to him and we spent a whole hour of just me saying everything..

I'm going to be moving to worcester by the end of the month

How do you feel about continuing with him Emmalee? It sounds like you were able to open up to him which is positive but perhaps you're still feeling unsure? Any progress with your CPN at all?

In terms of thinking about your options for when you move - Shelter are always a great source of advice when it comes to knowing about your Housing options so it would be worth contacting them: http://england.shelter.org.uk/

There may also be local housing services in Worcester, pop in the postcode to our Local Advice Finder and see what comes up: http://www.thesite.org/community/localadvicefinder

It's good that your girlfriend's family have offered you a temporary solution, it might be worth thinking about if you take that up, could it help to put a time limit on it? For example giving yourself a month or two from when you move in to find your own place and sort things out? Three ladies sharing a room could put a bit of pressure on all of you so it's good to hear you're thinking more in the long term and what would work for you and make you happy.

It's really important that you make sure you set up a new support network when you move and Mind should be able to offer you some advice around this and things to think about for example getting registered with a new doctor as soon as you can. You can contact Mind's infoline which is a great source of advice here: http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/

Keep us posted on how things are going and feel free to start a thread in Health & Wellbeing if you'd like to talk more about your relationship with your therapist - I'm sure others have had similar experiences and would be happy to offer their advice *hug*