Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mind may explode!:'( :s

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I am not sure if any one would remember me here(I haven't been able to come on for almost a month!)but I am really struggling and would highly appreciate for someone to talk to and just offload onto,if that is okay?I am not seeking attention or support,more care really and just to know that I might not be completely alone with everything(the many)things that I have been through/am going through.

I have a lot on my mind,as usual and am feeling very alone and isolated,as well as loads of others!I feel like I have nobody at all to turn to or to talk to.I am with CAMHS but do not do any therapy or in depth work with them(I am 17,almost 18 so wil have to move onto adult services,if i decide to).

I am confused about my sexuality.I now work full time(kind of).I keep getting flashbacks of different things.I am almost an adult.i have loads of coursework to be doing.I keep arguing with people,everywhere,online and offline.I have very low self esteem and lack in confidence a lot.I feel disgustingly fat and ugly.I feel like a big baby.I suffer with severe depression,social anxiety,general anxiety disorder and PTSD(all diagnosed by a professional-CAMHS and GP),as well as possible bipolar.

Comments

• Options
    *And that is just some of it all! :'(
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi AngelFace97

Welcome back :) I'm sorry you're having such a struggle, it does sound like you've got a lot to deal with. We're here, and you're welcome to offload and talk about how you're feeling. Did it help at all writing out this post and looking at the different things that are going on for you?

There's a lot of stuff going on for you right now, I wondered if it might be useful to post some more specific threads? For example, you say you're confused about your sexuality, maybe you could post a thread about that in Sex & Relationships. I know it can feel overwhelming when there's too many things flying around, sometimes it can help to deal with things in more manageable pieces.

Keep talking, we're here :)
  • Options
    Hi

Thank you for replying.I didnt think anyone would if im completely honest.I think it dod and it didnt helpme to write this post.It did because I kind of let it out in a way but then it didn't because I saw it all written(typed)down rather than just knowing.This isnt even all of what I have on my mind and what I am strugglin with at the moment;there is much much more! :'(

If I wrote a seperate thread for each then I feel it wouldnt help me and my name would end up appearing a lot on all of the boards which I k o2 nobody wants.

I had a camhs session today and sooke about adult services....:s

:'(:/:s :-( xx
  • Options
    I have no useful advice at all, I just wanted to drop in and reassure you that TheSite is a place that exists for talking about things that may be bothering you so you're certainly more than welcome to make as many threads as you want or need to. I see you've mentioned that you feel posting more than one thread wouldn't help you and it's okay to feel like that but remember it's always going to be an option for you if you ever change you're mind.

I'm sorry things are so tough right now *hug*
  • Options
    Thank you Butterfly.Just reading that message makes me feel JUST a tiny little less alone.But I guess thats still goos.I do have a lot going on at the moment.Not exaggerating at all either!Quite down but plodding on.Just need someone to talk to.Someone to care.Someome to understand.x
  • Options
    Thank you Butterfly.Just reading that message makes me feel JUST a tiny little less alone.But I guess thats still goos.I do have a lot going on at the moment.Not exaggerating at all either!Quite down but plodding on.Just need someone to talk to.Someone to care.Someome to understand.x

It really takes an awful lot of strength to carry on when you're feeling quite down, you're clearly a strong person :yes: You don't have to do this alone though, there is professional help out there if you want it and it sounds to me like you do?

You mentioned Camhs and that you can't quite go into depth with them as you'll soon be moving to adult services if you choose to. I was just wondering what you're thoughts on that are? Do you think you will choose to work with adult services? Have you mentioned everything that's going on right now to your Camhs worker?

Another option might be to make an appointment with your GP? That might be really helpful if you feel willing to :)

We care and we'll certainly listen whenever you want to talk. Really well done for posting *hug*
  • Options
    I know that I am not alone in that many many people have experienced same/similar to me however I do feel like I am physically and mentally alone and have nobody there.I dont want it,I need it.

Camhs are kind of clueless at the moment but in a way that is down to me and is my fault.I think i may be willin to go onto adult services but it will be a very big step and come with its own anxieties.just turning 18 is a big scare and worry for me,let alone without adult services.

Thank you for wanting to help me,I appreciate it.Cant thank you enough.xx
  • Options
    I know that I am not alone in that many many people have experienced same/similar to me however I do feel like I am physically and mentally alone and have nobody there.

This is also something that many people experience! Trust me, it's absolutely understandable that you feel this way and it's okay in that you're allowed to.
    Camhs are kind of clueless at the moment but in a way that is down to me and is my fault.

Do you feel able to make them a bit more aware? I understand you may be scared to, if that's the case, but having them know might actually help you to feel less alone? You won't know until you try.
    I think i may be willin to go onto adult services but it will be a very big step and come with its own anxieties.just turning 18 is a big scare and worry for me,let alone without adult services.

It's really positive that you're even considering adult services at this point! What scares you about turning 18?
  • Options
    A lot of things scare me about turning 18.Generally bexoming an adult even though im still very very much a child,in different ways.

I am not scared as such to talk to camhs,I just find it extremely difficult to.They often make me feel alone too though.
  • Options
    A lot of things scare me about turning 18.Generally bexoming an adult even though im still very very much a child,in different ways.

I am not scared as such to talk to camhs,I just find it extremely difficult to.They often make me feel alone too though.

Can you say a bit more about this? Do you know what it is about being an adult that scares you? People develop and mature at different rates, it sounds like maybe it could be to do with what you think might be expected of you when you turn 18? That you're worried about still feeling like a child? See if you can tell us a bit more.

You say talking to camhs is difficult - is it finding the words in the moment? Or maybe you don't feel you have a strong relationship with your camhs worker? Writing things down before you're due to have a session with someone can sometimes help. Is that something you might be willing to try?

Our article on feeling lonely would be worth reading too: http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/friendship/im-lonely-4526.html

One thing it suggests is to try or start something new?
    Start doing something new: Starting a new hobby or joining an evening class can be a great way to make new friends and give your confidence a boost. Local councils and libraries will have details of courses in your area – some could even be free. It may seem like a scary idea, but you probably won’t be the only person who feels that way. Having a shared interest means you’ll have something to talk about right from the start.

What sorts of things do you like doing in your free time?

:chin:
  • Options
    I know I'm probably not the best person to talk to right now as I have so much going on as well :/ But I'm always happy to help and support if you need me. xx
  • Options
    I know I'm probably not the best person to talk to right now as I have so much going on as well :/ But I'm always happy to help and support if you need me. xx

Thankyou Caitlin.I am here for you too hun.xx
  • Options
    Hi Jo

Thank you for your reply.I cant tell you how appreciative I am for all the replies on here currently.

I think almst everything scares me about being an adult-money,relationships(sexuality at the moment though),being able to do things i cant atm etc.I am always being treated and looked down on as a child although i do now work.My confidence and self esteem is too low,even for a teen.I dont look,act,dress,or even talk like anybody of my age,that I know.I am scared that will still be the same when I turn 18.

I have tried hundreds of times to write things down but it just doesnt work for me anymore,and hasnt done for a while now.I think i find it harder to talk knowing that it will all somehow get back to my parents even with me not wanting it to.

I dont really enjoy doing much anymore.TS,CL,Mindfull,work and college.Thats it.

Had a mixed day today.Head is spinning :'(
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey AngelFace

I know your replied to this thread a few days ago now, but I just wanted to reply to see how you are doing?

It's normal to be scared about growing up. I have felt like that lots of times in the past, and I am 25 now. It's the fear of the unknown but there is support, and also growing up is a new thing, and with everything new it may be scary but it's okay to talk about what you are worried about.

Sorry to hear how much you are struggling at the minute. *hug*

Keep chatting on here, we are here for you :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Not that great but no one gives a crap anyway,so...

A lot of things still happening at the moment,inside and outside my mind,and I feel alone.Very alone.xx
  • Options
    Hi, I don't have much useful to say, but I just wanted to offer some hugs, and reassure you that not much changes when you turn 18. I went 18 last year and I honestly felt no more of an adult. It's not a switch that gets flicked and suddenly you have to deal with everything on your own, so try your best not to worry :)
  • Options
    Turning 18 is mild at, compared to other things,x
  • Options
    Hey there AngelFace,

Just thought I'd drop in to check how you're getting on? I also wanted to highlight a bit of what Jo7 posted. Have you thought at all about starting something new? Anything you've ever been curious about or any club you've ever wanted to start but never got that far yet? I see you mentioned that you don't really enjoy anything any more, but can I ask what you did used to enjoy?

Hope you're okay *hug*
  • Options
    Hey there AngelFace,

Just thought I'd drop in to check how you're getting on? I also wanted to highlight a bit of what Jo7 posted. Have you thought at all about starting something new? Anything you've ever been curious about or any club you've ever wanted to start but never got that far yet? I see you mentioned that you don't really enjoy anything any more, but can I ask what you did used to enjoy?

Hope you're okay *hug*

Not so good at all.Keep breaking down too :'( I used to enjoy doing a lot of reading and writing.

X
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    I used to enjoy doing a lot of reading and writing.

That sounds interesting :) What kind of things did you like to read and write?
  • Options
    I have no one to talk to?i am al alone?and struggling :'(???xx
  • Options
    Do you wanna chat? *hug*

:heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Id be here forever if i was to talk about it all! :'(:'(
  • Options
    The boards are here if you do wanna chat :heart:
  • Options
    Well, we have time. What's up?
  • Options
    Really?

I am frustrated.I am qll bottled up,I am in a dark place and slipping all the way back down again :'( xx
  • Options
    Has something happened? *hug*
  • Options
    A lot :'(:'( x
  • Options
    A lot :'(:'( x

What's happened?
  • Options
    Sexuality still bugging me.Scared of adult services.A lot a lot on mind :'(:'(:'(