Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mushies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm about to get the opportunity to do some shrooms for the first time soon in a perfect environment. however my m8 has been saying it'll fuck me up for ages after.

is this right or just paranoia?

Comments

• Options
    i dont think shrooms can do any damage but acid is the one that stays in your spinal cord so that could mess you up
  • Options
  • Options
    In my experience they can give you a bit of a dodgy stomache, but other than that i would not say they "fuck you up".

Then again, common sense must be used. If you have any mental illness / inbalance they could spark off an episode.

Oh, and acid doesn't stay in you rspinal cord, its stored in fat cells throughout your body.
  • Options
    Please Please oh god please tell me that you are joking with your acid comment.
    LSD is physicaly one of the safest drugs on earth. You CAN NOT overdose on it, well I think the LD50 is something like a kilo, considering the dose is about 200 micro grams. Thats quite a difference.

Mushrooms are not as physicaly safe as that but are easier on the body and as long as you have the right ones will pose you little health risk what so ever.

As with all trips, its not anything like an experiance you can have when you are straight, be very careful and if you are nervous then start with a small dose. You can always do more but as I've said before you cant take it back when its in you.

Personaly I love shrooms, I think that if you do them under the right condictions they can be the most pleasurable drug around. They feel much nicer on the body than LSD are shorter lasting and give better euphoria.

To takle the issue of 'flashbacks' yes this can happen, BUT its VERY rare indeed. I know quite a lot of hardened acid freeks and I've never ever heard of them having one.
    It is NOT the drug staying in your system whatever ANYBODY says, docters belive its the same as if you have a car crash, the memory is so vivid that it lodges itself in your brain and then it could come forward again.
  • Options
    umm

bongbudda...you could overdose with liquid lsd...the ld50 is very far from one kilo its like 0.012 grams...one guy overdosed when he took 0.12 grams intraveinously, he thought it was cocaine or sometn like that
  • Options
    I'm sorry to doubt you but where did you get that from?
    I'd be interested to know.
  • Options
    I've done a bit of research and it seems that the very small number of deaths that have resulted from a lsd overdose are from mistakes;

"Related references (taken from p 70 of Stafford's Psychedelic's Encyclopedia):

For the 320 mg of LSD injected intravenously under the mistaken idea it was speed (this killed the user and appears to be the only instance of death by LSD overdose), the reference is: Journal of the Kentucky Medical Association 75: 172-173 (I have been unable to obtain a hardcopy of this).

For the dinner party where a bindle of pure crystalline LSD was confused with another one of cocaine and this case of mistaken identity resulted in two fat lines being chopped out and snorted by the 8 people attending: Klock et al. (1975) Clinical Toxicology Volume #8 Issue #2.

I may well have over stated the lack of risk but if you compare the figures above and the usual dose its quite different.
    The LD50 figure I found was 0.2mg per kg. So for me that would be;
    65.5kg x 0.2mg = 0.0131g x 1,000,000 = 13100ug I think. So if I've calculated it right then that would mean over 65 strong trips at once.