Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Increasing self esteem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys :wave:

I know how hard it can be to find good in yourself, especially when you've got a lot of tough stuff going on. Whether you've been feeling bad about yourself for a while or jut having a down day its never a bad time to think positively about yourself. So here's some tips in how to do that
  • Replace negative comments with positive ones. I know... I know.. Its easier said then done but I've been told that once you get into the swing of it, it gets so much easier.
  • Do things you enjoy doing Being happy can really help those negative thoughts or feelings seem small. So try to do something you really love doing
  • Don't try to be perfect No one on this planet is perfect, we all have our downfalls but these things are what make us human! :)
  • Be kind to others as well as yourself When you're kind to other people in generally makes you feel good about yourself too. Simply by talking to a friend or talking to an old woman on the bus (which I do frequently) can make them happy therefore making you feel good!
  • Get involved with something new Whether it be a new hobby or simply making a new friend, that excitement can really lift you mood. It will also help you to have less time to dwell on things
  • Ask for support when you need it I know how hard it can be but talking can really help. Someone once told me that our emotions are like a bottle of fizzy pop. When its settled, it will quite happily sit there. However, if something shakes it starts getting more and more fizzy until it 'explodes' Much like how we handle emotions

I hope this helps people and if anyone's got any top tips to add, please do :)

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Hey Becki,

Just wanted to chip in and say that these are great tips :thumb:

My personal favourite is going for a long walk with a podcast or music. Can totally wind me down.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes totally agree!!

Sent by Sony Xperia