Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

last night - heart palpitations

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night I experienced my first heart palpitation. I'm 15 years old. I know it was one because I told my Mum about it and she told me that it sounded like one. It really scared me. Is it bad at my age?
Also today I have a really sore area of my left leg calf muscle. I can't walk properly on it because it 'tugs'. My Mum's having the same thing but she got hers a couple of days earlier. Is it a virus?

Comments

• Options
    Hi lostangel :wave:

It could be a virus especially if you have been run down lately but what I would suggest is to make an appointment with your G.P to get it checked out. It's not bad at your age but the best thing to do is to get advice from your doctor.

I hope you are ok and let us know how you are getting on *hug*

purple_rain
  • Options
    Heart palpitations in young people are common. I know because there are heart problems in our family that I need to be checked for and I asked the doctor. They feel horrible and I get them quite alot so i know how it feels. They can also be brought on my stress as well. if you're really worried go and see your doctor. Not sure what to say about the leg thing though
  • Options
    Thanks guys:)
    I would go and see a doctor but I have absolutely hated them for like 9 months. Refuse to go anywhere near one.
    I guess I did worry a lot and was quite angry for a lot of the day.