Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mens' boots for going out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to buy a new pair of boots for going out/clubbing, and I normally wear white with dark jeans or grey trousers. Which boots would be better for me to buy? I don't mind paying the extra £20 for the first pair if they are a lot more suitable for me to wear.

http://www.riverisland.com/men/shoes--boots/boots/Dark-brown-contrast-panel-military-boots-280856

or

http://www.riverisland.com/men/shoes--boots/desert-boots/Brown-suede-chukka-boots-279563

Comments

• AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Hey wavy,

Just chipping in here - I like that second pair a lot more. They're smart and casual, would go well with a nice pair of dark trousers and a slim fit shirt I'd say.

Those first ones are a bit, not to be harsh - twattish? Or JLS-ey?

You'd get a fair bit of wear out of those second ones I reckon as well - they just smarten up a pair of jeans quite nicely.

Good luck - it's tough out there, picking shoes and whatnot!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    From a girl's perspective...I agree with Andy. Both my brothers have boots similar to the second pair for nights out and they always look smart without being too formal. I think they'd work better with the sort of outfit you're describing too :)
    Hey guys, I just got your replies and happy to say that I ended up buying the suede chukka boots (the ones both of you liked) and they're amazing. Thank you for your advice, highly appreciated. :)
    Good stuff Wavy, glad you're happy with them :)
  • AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Cool! Nice one wavy. Glad you like them :)