Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sex With An Older Man

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I posted here a few weeks ago for some advice on what to do about this older married man I fancied. well nothing has happened.... yet anyway

I get an inkling he fancies me he's always flirting and we get on really well the thing is I don't reckon I would do anything with him because its not right, but my feelings for him are really strong.

My collegue has also noticed how he seems interested she reckons he's mad about me. what do you think I should do? I mean the obvious answer is not to go there, but I think I've really fallen for him and I might never get a chance like this again .theres a huge age gap, I'm in my late teens and he's in his late forties but age has never been an issue for me, I have always liked older men and I take after my mother as her and my dad have a big age gap...and their still together.

I would like to say I'm not going to do anything with this man, but if the moment was right I don't think I would be able to control myself.
Help!

Comments

• Options
    i'm sorry but i guess i totally missed that previous post, so i just got one question, what ages are you and him?
  • Options
    ^^^ She said late teens and late 40s :)
  • Options
    i'm 19 he's 47
  • Options
    Who cares about ages.........He's MARRIED

Matter closed i think!
  • Options
    don't go poaching lass

you will only wind up with a lot of grief and agro.

Its not worth it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kat

Matter closed i think!

*agrees*

Think what it'd do to his poor wife.

That little thought in itself should be enough for you to control your feelings.

Forget him.
  • Options
    oh gosh yes, if he is married, forget the whole thing. if he wants it, if he's in an unhappy marrige, anything, dont' do it, not at all. do you want to be the one who ruins his marrige? what about kids if he has them? do you really want to have the homewrecker guilt on you forever?
  • Options
    dont do it. if you want an older man, get an older SINGLE man.
    Married people are a big NO NO
  • Options
    The age difference doen not mean a thing, I know many couples with big age differences and they have a brilliant relationship.
    MARRIED MMMMMM thats a big NO NO
    At the end of the day the majority or married people do like the idea that someone else is attracted to them but would they leave there partner and maybe children for another person??? I dont think so.
  • Options
    you would only be boosting his ego and just think how you would feel when all the other blokes in the office have been filled in!

I understand that sex with an older man has a certain attraction, probably similar to a mans view of sex with an older woman. But as has been said above, if you really want to explore that, find a single one. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kat

Matter closed i think!

*Agreed*

If he does it with you, & he's married, he will do it, or probably has already, with others aswell.

Keep clear if you don't want to get hurt. ;)
  • Options
    I would stay well clear of him. If hes married then he may be more interested by the fact that hes got a 19 year old girl after him, a 47 year old is gonna be flattered at the thought of a young girl liking him as more than just friends. I think he would just be using you to feel better about himself, make him feel like hes still got it in him if you like.
  • Options
    Crikey...young woman lusts after fortysomething male...it's just like that 80's film "Blame It On Rio" with Michael Caine...
  • Options
    Honey forget the age difference, he's married! Whether he fancies you or not is irrelevant, he belongs with someone else.
  • Options
    *Cringes* Just the thought of sleeping with a 47 year old at 19 makes me feel sick! Don't even consider it girl, thats discusting, plus he's married and think of his poor little wife at home!:eek:
  • Options
    Just out of interest, why should his being married make a difference?

Why is there an assumption about "poor little wife at home", doesn't anyone consider that he might have a reason (other than pure sex) to be looking for a change.

Okay I know it is unlikely, but why is everyone making assumptions about the state of his existing relationship. Can you all honestly say that you have never been (or will ever be) unfaithful?
  • Options
    The only reason a married 47yr old man wants a 19yr old woman is probably coz he's getting none at home, dont even go there coz you'll end up getting hurt and being accused of breaking up a marriage

I'm sure there will be plenty of single older men only too happy to date a teenage girl!!

;)
  • Options
    I've been in the same situation as you (apart from i was mates with the bloke and not a workmate). He was 14 years older than me and had a wife and two kids. There was an attraction there but in the end i ignored it. I realised that i couldn't have coped with the hassle that would have come from it and that i just couldn't do that to anyone else.

We're now really good mates and the attraction has gone to be replaced by two mates who can confide if we have a problem.

Just remember it will likely be you labelled the tart and not him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Well it's just ine of those things you don't do. As someone mentioned earlier if he cheats to be with you whats stopping him moving on!

Plus she doesn't want to be the one to blame. His wife will blame her, he will blame her and his mates, work collegues....... mmmmmm not such an easy life!
  • Options
    I reckon he's only after sex. The age gap is huge. Ten, fifteen, even twenty years, and it may be ok, but this age gap is far too big. If you go for it, then be prepared for the worst - ie he only wants you for sex. Don't invest too much emotionally.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    If he wasn't married - what would everyone's advice be?

When I was 20, I fancied my boss who was 40. Eeeeeew! What was I thinking? :eek: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    if he was single, it would be different. a bit creepy, but up to her. The fact that hes married is the deciding factor in my opinion.
  • Options
    I would so not want to fuck an older man ..

Mind .. I'm an "older" lady so ... lol
  • Options
    but I think I've really fallen for him and I might never get a chance like this again

Im sure u will, i mean ur only 19
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Why is there an assumption about "poor little wife at home", doesn't anyone consider that he might have a reason (other than pure sex) to be looking for a change.

Okay I know it is unlikely, but why is everyone making assumptions about the state of his existing relationship. Can you all honestly say that you have never been (or will ever be) unfaithful?

In marriage you should be faithful regardless of anything!!!!!!!!!!!

With this ring I the wed blah blah blah
    Till death us do part !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Baby
    If he wasn't married - what would everyone's advice be?

When I was 20, I fancied my boss who was 40. Eeeeeew! What was I thinking? :eek: :rolleyes:

Id say go for it, there both consenting adults, not got a problem with that at all.