Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Positive Thinking chat (Thursday 25th of September)

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
positive-thinking-gallery.jpg

Hey everyone :wave:

On Thursday the 25th of September, we're running another Positive Thinking Chat for 10 people.

Some of you have been to these before, but for people who haven't, here's some info:

What is positive thinking chat?
Are you experiencing symptoms of depression or anxiety? For example low moods, feeling tense, uncertain or fearful about things? This chat is a chance to work through what you already do or would be willing to try, to improve your mental health.

How will it work?
You'll explore some of the positive things about yourself and each other and the different ways you've managed to make even small amounts of progress.

The aim is to get a bit of a boost when it comes to dealing with your problems, gain a bit of fresh perspective on what you've done well and pick up inspiration from others.

The chat is friendly and informal with simple questions for everyone to have a go at answering at their own pace. You can ask if you don't understand a question, or just not answer it at all - whatever you feel comfortable with :)

We will not to publish the transcripts so everything that is said in the chat stays in the chat!

Where do I sign up?
There are 10 places for this chat so you'll need to sign up. If you're not sure about signing up you can PM me or reply to this thread with any questions :)
We do these chats in a small group so that everyone gets the chance to contribute and the pace of the chat is easy to follow.

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Ooh, I wanna do this shit. Sign me up!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :( Why are they always on a thursday?!?!?! i want to go but always out on thursday nights!!!!!
  • Options
    rosebud wrote: »
    :( Why are they always on a thursday?!?!?! i want to go but always out on thursday nights!!!!!

Sorry you can't make this rosebud, will keep this in mind when we're booking in the next one and see if we can do it on a different night :)
  • Options
    Ooh, I wanna do this shit. Sign me up!

We still have some spaces so you just need to fill out the sign up form to register :)
  • Options
    Hope it goes well for everyone!

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    ravenclawdashravenclawdash Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    Jo7 wrote: »
    We still have some spaces so you just need to fill out the sign up form to register :)

i sent request in to join but i havent got a message about it - do i have a space or not?
  • Options

I did sign up! Well, I think I did xD
  • Options
    I did sign up! Well, I think I did xD

Just checked and there's no sign up from you so do go ahead and submit one :)
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Is this instead of normal support chat?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Is this instead of normal support chat?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

We haven't got enough mods to do both this week.. but... helenmelon will be doing an hour of support chat from 9-10pm this Thursday right after Positive Thinking :)
  • Options
    Sorry you can't make this rosebud, will keep this in mind when we're booking in the next one and see if we can do it on a different night :)
    Yay thanksie jo :) I love these chats but always on wrong day for me, hope it goes well
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    i've signed up .. if there still places ill be there but might be like 10 minutes later :P im at college til 7:30 on Thursdays...
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    i've signed up .. if there still places ill be there but might be like 10 minutes later :P im at college til 7:30 on Thursdays...

No worries Bubbles, you can join in a bit later.

We still have 2 places left if anyone else would like to sign up?

:)
  • Options
    Was going to sign up but I didn't want to take someone elses place that really needed it. Could benefit me but theres other people that need it more then me :)
  • Options
    I would do it but dull off cold and I am resting
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Was going to sign up but I didn't want to take someone elses place that really needed it. Could benefit me but theres other people that need it more then me :)

Not at all, you're absolutely welcome to a place. This is open to everyone and we'd be really glad to have you there :)
  • Options
    Quick update to all those coming along tonight - I'll be sending you all a PM this afternoon with the details :)

Unfortunately due to illness there won't be a support chat afterwards but I'll be starting a thread for people that want to chat tonight and aren't coming to this session.

:thumb:
  • Options
    What time is chat? 7?

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    What time is chat? 7?

Sent by Sony Xperia

7:30. :)
  • Options
    SuzyOwl wrote: »
    7:30. :)

Thanks owlie 👍

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Sorry, just realised it does actually say in the PM! Think I need to learn to read things. ....

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    meggles wrote: »
    I dont have a pm D: gahh joo?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Think she might send it at 7 to let you know
  • Options
    People all ready have pms haha..urm

Only the people that signed up a while ago have had them today. I'm assuming because you only signed up today she's not had a chance to message you yet
  • Options
    Might be a bit late, sorry. Just got a few jobs to do first. Silly carers have just put them on me

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Thank you guys for an awesome chat! It was an eye opener
  • Options

I ended up taking a space and not turning up! :p - I'm so poorly :( #FreshersFlu
  • Options
    I ended up taking a space and not turning up! :p - I'm so poorly :( #FreshersFlu

Get well soon, boo to freshers flu!! *hug*
  • Options
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.

jo..as I said I'd post stress sheep here...here you go :p I took him art college when I was working there and they attacked the poor thing

I love stress sheep! Thanks for sharing :)