Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Is it a comedown ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there

I was looking for people who may be in the same situation as me or have been in the past.

I have been taking drugs for the last 8 years (most weekends) including E's base ket charlie and occaisionaly acid, and as a regular pot smoker, I do mostly E's anything ranging between 1-12 a weekend. I was wondering if anyone has been doing the same and has seen any changes or anything that made them stop. I already know this isnt big or clever, so I dont need reminding!

I am not looking for critism from anyone just if anyone has had any health or mental problems such as depression I would be grateful if you could share them with me.. I ask because I have been having stomach cramps for the last 2 days and its the second time it has happened, this weekend was a "calm" one for me, with just the consumption of 3 pills and a bass bomb, so I know I havnt over done it.

So calling all long term drug users, cos I dont know anyone that has been doing it as long as me (mates I started with have all stopped to join the forces) just looking for similar experiences and stories.

Ady :cool:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We have a couple of articles on this:

E and depression

Drugs and your head

The big comedown

Has it gone too far?

You may want to consider taking a break for a while, at least in an attempt to get your tolerance down a bit so your not piling so many drugs into your body each weekend.

Susie :)
    have taken drugs all my life basicaly but nothing more than a weed since 86. i'm fortunate in that i have never had mental or physical problems. i was this mad before i started.
    the stomach thing could be a bug that s going around at the mo. ive got it bad and my daughter. the doc says its all over the country. upper guts just under the chest with lots of burping and pain. if your suffering side effects that you dont want....PACK IT IN FOR A WHILE and get on with summat else.
    It could be quite a few things really, it depends whether you feel ill with the stomach cramps, if you dont then I would feel that it might be something more serious. Base and pills are quite hard on the stomach as they are very acidic, you might have an ulcer of something like that.

However the more likely option is that your drug use has harmed your imune system to infection and you've caught something. Drink lots especialy echinia tea, thats spelt wrong by the way.

Also you said that you do between 1 and 12 pills a weekend, thats quite a difference. With pills I think its different for every one, you have to decide when the downs are getting too much for the high, its a balance
    claire the bear

Thanks Susie for pointing me in the right direction with those posts, they have certainly opened my eyes to what I knew already but didnt want to admit.

I think I am going to take a well earned break now!

I am new to this site and have alot of admiration for the way it is set up and the information available on all subjects. Keep up the good work, its answered many questions on many subjects and its good to hear of other peoples experiences.

And thanks also to morrocan roll for the advice I needed to hear, it is easier to take than hearing it from a mate, which comes across as nagging lol

:)