Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Happy work days

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Even if we enjoy work, it can still feel like a necessity rather than a joy from time to time. So how to stay motivated and upbeat?

Taking notice is one of the key ways - identifying what's going on around you can cheer you up, right?

So to kick things off, my happy work day has been possible because we have not one, but two cute dogs waddling around the office! Definitely makes the to-do list a little less daunting with these furry friends for company. :heart:

What's made your work day a happy one?

The Rule: 'I've had a crap day at work, nothing has made my day happy' posts not welcome in this thread :p

Comments

• AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    And here's some tips from a "happiness expert" on how to stay happy at work and why you might be feeling unhappy...

https://gothinkbig.co.uk/features/love-your-job-advice-from-a-happiness-expert

One thing that keeps me happy at work is chatting to colleagues - whether about work stuff or nonsense. Preferably nonsense. I just need human interaction regularly.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    My happy work day is made by the children making me smile and watching them grow and develop. Also makes the long list of paperwork of activities I have to get done a lot easier when the children are happy and smiley. :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    My happy work day is made by the children making me smile and watching them grow and develop.

This is so lovely BananaMonkey :)
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    PGreen wrote: »
    This is so lovely BananaMonkey :)
    Thank you Pippa :-)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    **helen** wrote: »
    So to kick things off, my happy work day has been possible because we have not one, but two cute dogs waddling around the office! Definitely makes the to-do list a little less daunting with these furry friends for company. :heart:

Omg I knew YN had one dog but not two! That's so cute!

I don't know if this counts but when I was dreading going into work experience, Alfie (a little boy in the nursery) would always bring a smile to my face. He'd come running up to me for a cuddle then call me 'tree'. Only word he knew he he

Sent by Sony Xperia
    Seeing how much colleauges and children appreciate me and like me for me.I have just started a job but have been volunteering for YEARS!XX
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I worked in a cafe once, before it got closed down because it was a shit hole, but the jokes people cracked (The regulars) Were pretty fucking epic. And I kept getting complimented, because I'm such a sexy arse diva, init.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    My lovely colleagues and telling stories of the crazy stuff that happened and laughing hysterically about it. And snapchatting it. Which I probably shouldn't be doing, but oh well.
    When one of the kids does really well at their work and look so proud of themselves :)
    I work in a chippy and it's really nice when people make the effort to look past you as just a member of staff giving them food. When they're really polite, grateful, and make the effort to chat is lovely. Had a man in the restaurant like that today. :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Omg I knew YN had one dog but not two! That's so cute!

I don't know if this counts but when I was dreading going into work experience, Alfie (a little boy in the nursery) would always bring a smile to my face. He'd come running up to me for a cuddle then call me 'tree'. Only word he knew he he

Sent by Sony Xperia

That totally counts and funnily enough, one of our office pups is called Alfie! :D
    **helen** wrote: »
    That totally counts and funnily enough, one of our office pups is called Alfie! :D

Aww that's so cute! Will we get to meet them when we come???

Sent by Sony Xperia
    I used to love seeing regulars where I used to work in a coffee shop having a great catch up and chat always put a smile on your face when the boss was being moody and arrogant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I've really made a difference to a client's life. E.g. by getting them housed or by getting them an order that makes them feel protected from a violent ex-partner.