Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Scottish Independence - Yes or No?

2»

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Scotland has already gone to hell after a few days ...

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Scotland has already gone to hell after a few days ...

What's going on Bubbles?
    Riots, fights and stabbings over the votes ... it's like a political greenstreet!

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There was ONE small riot in Glasgow on the 19th, which the police kept under control. It started because Unionists/Loyalists/Bampots decided to cause a bit of a ruckus. So No voters, the winners of this referendum, decided to have a bit of a riot to celebrate. And to give Nazi salutes in front of a war memorial. Because they are clearer our brightest and best.

No one was stabbed. That was a rumour that started on twitter.

It's been less than a week since one of the biggest votes in Scottish history. People are still coming to terms with the result.

Nothing is over. When 45% of a country no longer wish to be in the UK, that doesn't just go away. There is no reuniting a nation when Tories immediately start shouting about cutting Scotland's block grant. 20,000 people joined the SNP in the last 5 days, making them the third largest political party in Britain.

I am very much looking forward to the Tories trying to meddle with the block grant. Because it means every single pound that goes between Edinburgh and London will come under intense scrutiny. We'll get to see what Scotland actually gets out of the £3.5 billion we contribute to defence. Frankly, I don't think we're getting our moneys worth.. Neither does Parliament, given that they admit they have underspent by £5.622 billion. Hopefully we will get some clear answers about the state of each countries economy.

When you win a vote by bringing the full weight of the British political, financial, and media establishment down on people, there's no clean victory. That's what we are seeing now. When you energise a population to the point where political engagement hits an 85% turn out rate, it doesn't just dissipate the weekend after.
    There's been more riots than in Glasgow ... there was on here ... and at least 1 person was stabbed in the Deen cause f it ...